SMF Spring 2021 Pennsylvania Gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow tomorrow is Feb. 1st we are down to 3 months. Well be here before we know it.

Warren

Well I cant get the RV out of the driveway right now. Sooooo........ It seems like a long time away.

Been a rough couple of days.. worked from Sunday at 4pm to Monday at 6pm, then back in at 3:30am to finish, and drove a grand total of 356 miles while clearing roads. Going to take a while to recover from this

Still planning on hosting the event, so no worries. I'll be back on in a few days. Scored some rims to cook over from co workers plowing mishaps. Some are a little out of round, but they'll work.

Well I forgot I didnt ask off for that Friday. I will tell them tomorrow. Gonna take awhile to get there in my old RV.

Still planning on holding the event... been busy with the weather lately. Today was 0400 to 1730, and back in at 0430 tomorrow morning, then home to make dinner.

Very soon I will be asking for a solid head count.. things are getting serious.

Not sure how many are following this post but for sure it is getting time to be serious about it. In another week it will be March 1st and that is only 2 months away from the event. JJ, Denny and any others what is your plans?

Warren

Yup here we are March 1st. Dillion has been busy plowing the snow so maybe he will have a cleared spot for us. If not Kyle will have it taken care of for us. Adam said the snow is melting at his place so now he can get the motor home out of the drive way. Any body been thinking about what they are going to cook? Its time to start planning so we have an idea of what you are planning. Maybe we should start a menu page.

Warren

Reactions: IH 1026
Warren, I like the idea of a menu page... I can have Adam put an update in the original post (OP) telling everyone what we're making if that would suit. I cannot edit the OP without moderator approval.

I have 2 fresh rims that were damaged in the last snow event for people that want to use them.. if needed I can slot them out for a rotisserie with my hand grinder. Let me know.

It's time to start getting a head count, so post up if you plan on attending folks. I can get Kingsford Original Charcoal at a discounted rate, so if you need some, let me know early.

As it stands now the wife and I will be there maybe 11 yr old granddaughter.

I plan on cooking wings for Kyle, bake beans and I have a domestic goose to spin.
Wife will most likely make pineapple bake and cake.

I have a set up for my rotisserie just need a place for the rims and wood or do I need to bring wood/

Warren

I have a set up for my rotisserie just need a place for the rims and wood or do I need to bring wood/
Warren

I can get us some hard wood and oak to use for the event. We may need to split it a little finer, and half it with the chainsaw as it's around 18" in length.

Hot dogs would probably increase the chances of someone else winning I haven’t cooked many in my day. Since IH’s place is closer to bearcarver and he seems to have dogs mastered he could maybe have a carrier pigeon deliver his entry.

You could maybe get help, and then you could figure it out.
Hot Dogs should be plenty easy for a Master such as yourself.

Bear

You could maybe get help, and then you could figure it out.
Hot Dogs should be plenty easy for a Master such as yourself.

Bear
Honestly a good hot dogs hard to beat! I’ve seen some pretty masterful sammie from you Bear!! Heck I wish you did have a trained bird to fly a few to me!

Reactions: Bearcarver
Hmmmm

I will be taking my wife back to Lancaster county to her brothers house for 1.5 months.

Hmmmmm :emoji_astonished:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky