Small family gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfurmn

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Feb 25, 2016
Farmington, MN
By my family standards. Cooking for about 15-20 people. My brother is coming to town so a few of us are getting together. Im in charge of bringing pork shoulder and brisket. Started this morning about 430 on the Pit Boss. Both meats are at 170 degree range. Cooking a bit quicker than I thought. We arent getting together until about 4pm.
20210916_194827.jpg
20210916_194851.jpg
20210917_202316.jpg
20210917_203158.jpg

Looking good.
Don't forget that if they finish early, wrap in foil and place in a towel lined cooler.
Sure beats hearing "is it done yet" over and over again.

Looking good.
Don't forget that if they finish early, wrap in foil and place in a towel lined cooler.
Sure beats hearing "is it done yet" over and over again.
I do mine slightly differently. I am actually taking this to my parents house all of about.. 5 minutes away. I just tuck the finished product in the oven, turned off, until we are ready to leave. Same idea different approach.

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Probes allow me to get the honey do list done (going to target etc) and keep an eye on temps. Inkbird wifi thermometer is pretty nice.

Running into a new non meat issue now. Supposed to be over there in about an hour, except the little guy (22 months) is still napping. If it ain't one thing...

I do mine slightly differently. I am actually taking this to my parents house all of about.. 5 minutes away. I just tuck the finished product in the oven, turned off, until we are ready to leave. Same idea different approach.

That'll work too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky