• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Small batch Chicken Sausage

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Those look great! Wife only eats chicken sausage no pork...
We’ve been buying chicken andouille from our local butcher for the red beans and rice that we make. Seeing your post has my thinking i should get back in the game again. Guess I better find some casings!

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Those look great! Wife only eats chicken sausage no pork...
We’ve been buying chicken andouille from our local butcher for the red beans and rice that we make. Seeing your post has my thinking i should get back in the game again. Guess I better find some casings!
Case Thank you I like it not much difference in taste, the doc says I should cut back on red meat
Richie

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Case Thank you I like it not much difference in taste, the doc says I should cut back on red meat
Richie
Richie somewhere here on the forum I have a Thai chicken sausage that we like. Might be in my mega recipe list. If you find it give it a try. They are tasty .

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Looks good.

My wife keeps asking me to make barn buzzard sausage for her.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks great Rickie . Was that the Italian ?

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
Looks great Richie, especially grilled up too!! I’d would like to get some fresh sausage going this summer.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Richie somewhere here on the forum I have a Thai chicken sausage that we like. Might be in my mega recipe list. If you find it give it a try. They are tasty .
Thanks Case I'll take a look at it
Richie

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
They sure look nice all grilled up! I notice it wasn't the midget that disappeared....
What's in it besides chicken?
SM It is my Italian Chicken sausage
less these ingredients
8 Tbs Soy Protien Concentrate (NFDM can be used)
1 1/2 Tbs. Dextrose (sugar)
1 level tsp cure #1

Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
You know that's a favorite around here . Good recipe .

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Looks great Richie, especially grilled up too!! I’d would like to get some fresh sausage going this summer.
Joe it is easy enough to make Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
Great looking sausages Richie! I would inhale that anytime :emoji_call_me:

zwiller

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 16, 2016
LOOKS GREAT!

I need to run some 100% chicken, wife is not into pork either. LOL that is actually like 95% chicken tho right??? Hog casings... LOL The missus would throw up if she knew that! :emoji_laughing: Mine will be caseless.

That said, I do weisswurst 50/50 pork/chicken thigh+skin and it is great so no doubt 100% chicken would be a winner. I would like to do the Italian chicken but need to sit down with Marianski and work out some weights based on Ritchies recipe. I do 2.2lb/1Kg batches.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
LOOKS GREAT!

I need to run some 100% chicken, wife is not into pork either. LOL that is actually like 95% chicken tho right??? Hog casings... LOL The missus would throw up if she knew that! :emoji_laughing: Mine will be caseless.

That said, I do weisswurst 50/50 pork/chicken thigh+skin and it is great so no doubt 100% chicken would be a winner. I would like to do the Italian chicken but need to sit down with Marianski and work out some weights based on Ritchies recipe. I do 2.2lb/1Kg batches.
Sam This is closer to 80/20 I didn't use any binders as I use to still super moist. For 2.2 lb if you have premade Italian seasoning go with 2 & 1/2 Tbspn should come out great also add at least 1 & 1/2 Tbspn Cracked Fennel
Let me know if you try it.
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.