Small batch Chicken Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Thighs were on sale 47 cents a pound so I picked up two packs
Made 6 pounds these 3 bunches went to the freezer
DSCN1085.JPG
Grilled 4 links for dinner
DSCN1089.JPG
1 disappeared quickly LOL
DSCN1091.JPG
On the bun
DSCN1092.JPG
Richie

Those look great! Wife only eats chicken sausage no pork...
We’ve been buying chicken andouille from our local butcher for the red beans and rice that we make. Seeing your post has my thinking i should get back in the game again. Guess I better find some casings!

Those look great! Wife only eats chicken sausage no pork...
We’ve been buying chicken andouille from our local butcher for the red beans and rice that we make. Seeing your post has my thinking i should get back in the game again. Guess I better find some casings!
Case Thank you I like it not much difference in taste, the doc says I should cut back on red meat
Richie

Case Thank you I like it not much difference in taste, the doc says I should cut back on red meat
Richie
Richie somewhere here on the forum I have a Thai chicken sausage that we like. Might be in my mega recipe list. If you find it give it a try. They are tasty .

Looks good.

My wife keeps asking me to make barn buzzard sausage for her.

Looks great Richie, especially grilled up too!! I’d would like to get some fresh sausage going this summer.

Richie somewhere here on the forum I have a Thai chicken sausage that we like. Might be in my mega recipe list. If you find it give it a try. They are tasty .
Thanks Case I'll take a look at it
Richie

They sure look nice all grilled up! I notice it wasn't the midget that disappeared....
What's in it besides chicken?
SM It is my Italian Chicken sausage
less these ingredients
8 Tbs Soy Protien Concentrate (NFDM can be used)
1 1/2 Tbs. Dextrose (sugar)
1 level tsp cure #1

Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks great Richie, especially grilled up too!! I’d would like to get some fresh sausage going this summer.
Joe it is easy enough to make Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

LOOKS GREAT!

I need to run some 100% chicken, wife is not into pork either. LOL that is actually like 95% chicken tho right??? Hog casings... LOL The missus would throw up if she knew that! :emoji_laughing: Mine will be caseless.

That said, I do weisswurst 50/50 pork/chicken thigh+skin and it is great so no doubt 100% chicken would be a winner. I would like to do the Italian chicken but need to sit down with Marianski and work out some weights based on Ritchies recipe. I do 2.2lb/1Kg batches.

LOOKS GREAT!

I need to run some 100% chicken, wife is not into pork either. LOL that is actually like 95% chicken tho right??? Hog casings... LOL The missus would throw up if she knew that! :emoji_laughing: Mine will be caseless.

That said, I do weisswurst 50/50 pork/chicken thigh+skin and it is great so no doubt 100% chicken would be a winner. I would like to do the Italian chicken but need to sit down with Marianski and work out some weights based on Ritchies recipe. I do 2.2lb/1Kg batches.

Sam This is closer to 80/20 I didn't use any binders as I use to still super moist. For 2.2 lb if you have premade Italian seasoning go with 2 & 1/2 Tbspn should come out great also add at least 1 & 1/2 Tbspn Cracked Fennel
Let me know if you try it.
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky