Sliced coppa roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I baught up a bunch of pork butts to make sausage the other day when they had a sale. $0.99 lb so you cant pass that up. I cut off the coppa end of a few of them to smoke as a roast.

Coppa.
0130211556.jpg

Rubbed down with bowtie butt and rib rub
0130211557a~2.jpg
0130211602.jpg

It then went on the UDS running 260°-275°. When it got to the color I liked I pulled it off and wrapped in paper. I.T. was about 150° at this point.
0130211953b.jpg
0130211953c.jpg

Back on the drum until I.T. hit 180°. Took it off and let it rest about 30min before slicing
0130212208a.jpg

Sliced up and served with a baked potato and some baked mac n cheese.
0130212315a.jpg

It was delicious! I really like this rub. It has some sugar in it but its more on the savoy side. The roast was cooked to perfection..the fat just melted in your mouth and had a nice amount of smoke flavor on it. I had a little Carolina style sauce with mine. This was a nice change from the usual pulled butt.
Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• 0130212142.jpg
    0130212142.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 9
Good looking roast there sir! Be some good leftover sandwiches too Travis. Looks very tender and juicy!

Good looking roast there sir! Be some good leftover sandwiches too Travis. Looks very tender and juicy!
Thanks! And I have one little hunk leftover for a lunch sammie! Lol!

Helllllll yeah Travis. Looks perfect and juicy. I really like wrapping in paper. Very nice job bud
Thanks Jake ! I've used the papper a few times ....i really like it. ABTs going on today lol. Dang neer all the same stuff you made....must be the weather. Lol!

Looks delicious Travis! I'd go with you and Jake both took your smart pills! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: Sowsage
Travis, that looks really, really good. Love the color on that pork and looks cooked to perfection. Excellent job buddy.

Robert

Looks good Man. That is a much faster cook for a pork roast over a whole boston butt, and for slicing-it's the best! Well done!
Thanks inda! This was 5 hours from the time I put it on to the time it was sliced.

Travis, that looks really, really good. Love the color on that pork and looks cooked to perfection. Excellent job buddy.

Robert
Thanks Robert! This thing was really juicy...we loved it!

Still here also, well guess you can see them now...was just gonna tell you how mouth watering they look Peachy! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Finally got the pics to pop up. Looks delicious. What kind of sausage did you make?
Thanks peach! This round was just some fresh breakfast sausage. fassetts sausage to be exact. Good stuff! Hopefully next weekend I'll have some time to do some smoked jalapeno ring sausages and some brats.

Would not turn down a plate of that at all!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky