1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Sirloin tip on the WSM - Qview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by SmokinAl, Dec 10, 2011.

1. shtrdave

shtrdave Smoking Fanatic

Is there a difference in the seasonings, I would have thought they would be the same.

2. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

We were upset at first too, but now we like the Montreal better. I still have a half bottle of the Canadian, but just don't use it anymore.

3. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks great Al...... Love those RB sammies..............[​IMG]

Joe

4. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Epic Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man that's some awesome looking Beef...Glad you liked the smoked Jus...JJ

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That Jus is awesome JJ, thanks for sharing the recipe, the gravy that we made from it was the best too.

6. Excellent, as usual! Unfortunately, I'm hungry now. LOL!

Thank you for sharing, Al!!! [​IMG]

7. gorilla

gorilla Fire Starter

I concur with Al and JJ, that Au Jus is fabulous, I made it last night and it has great depth of flavor. Really tasty stuff. 

8. Great thread Al.

9. hoity toit

hoity toit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

HOLY MACKEREL ! That's a BIG Pile of meat !  Nice.

10. hurriken

hurriken Smoke Blower

Very nice, looks tasty. Could I pull this off with a 4lb roast? Also in picture #2 what is that thing sticking out of the left side of the smoker?

11. SmokinAl

A 4 lb. roast would work fine. 

That's a fan in the side of the smoker. I have a BBQ Guru for controlling the temp.

12. the wood chips in the small can in the middle of the WSM charcoal ring is there a bottom to the can or doe's it sit there and smoke from the heat of the coals?

13. WOWWWWW!!! I'm going to give er a shot here in the next few days!!!!!

14. appwsmsmkr1

appwsmsmkr1 Meat Mopper

This looks incredible!

15. mr mac

mr mac Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I just ate a little while ago and now I'm hungry all over again for some beef!  Nice job Al!

Mac

16. texas ray

texas ray Smoke Blower

Will definitely fire up my WSM when I return to Texas.  This looks delicious!  Thanks for posting.

17. ok the recipe is copied and ready to use... oh and printed

18. appwsmsmkr1

appwsmsmkr1 Meat Mopper

Bump.

19. Mercy sakes that looks awesome!!

20. SmokinAl

Thanks Earl, I appreciate it.

Al