Sirloin Roast

Discussion in 'Beef' started by doug123, Oct 2, 2006.

1. doug123

doug123 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Rubbed down with spicy mustard, sprayed with apple juice, pecan and cherry smoke.

Pulled at 142.

Didn't let it rest long enough, too much juice ran out when I sliced it. I need to learn to start sooner, my wife is the impatient type :roll:

Still good stuff though :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That’s what I’m talkin about! Wow! Looking Good Doug!

3. vulcan75001

vulcan75001 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Doug
    That roast sure looks good...done to perfection...now as far as all the juice...hope you saved it and made a nice AU JUS with it...gettin me hungry all over again...

Richard

4. meowey

meowey Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good lookin' food.

Meowey

5. ma?tley ca 1/4 e

ma?tley ca 1/4 e Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Your just lucky your wife will eat it. Mine won't eat anything less than well done. So I haven't tried to smoke a roast yet.

6. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Doug, How long did you let the roast rest before slicing it? If you had a lot of juice runout, it could have been because the roast didn't rest long enough.

Does look good though!

7. doug123

doug123 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

10 minutes. I usually wait at least 30. People were hungry and that was that :D

I need to start sooner so I don't have to worry about when it is done anymore. Plus I think every time I buy something to smoke now, I'm always buying bigger and bigger cuts. Next time I'm going to get something smaller and start early. Might be my imagination, but I think the smaller cuts used to turn out better also.