Sirloin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doug123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 14, 2006
Pittsburgh
Rubbed down with spicy mustard, sprayed with apple juice, pecan and cherry smoke.

Pulled at 142.

Didn't let it rest long enough, too much juice ran out when I sliced it. I need to learn to start sooner, my wife is the impatient type :roll:

Still good stuff though :D

Doug
That roast sure looks good...done to perfection...now as far as all the juice...hope you saved it and made a nice AU JUS with it...gettin me hungry all over again...

Richard

Doug, How long did you let the roast rest before slicing it? If you had a lot of juice runout, it could have been because the roast didn't rest long enough.

Does look good though!

10 minutes. I usually wait at least 30. People were hungry and that was that :D

I need to start sooner so I don't have to worry about when it is done anymore. Plus I think every time I buy something to smoke now, I'm always buying bigger and bigger cuts. Next time I'm going to get something smaller and start early. Might be my imagination, but I think the smaller cuts used to turn out better also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky