Sirloin cap aka Brazilian Picanha

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgrider

Smoke Blower
Original poster
This sirloin cap is about 2.8 lbs I barely had to trim this one. Nice thick fat cap on top. Cut across the grain for strips roll and stuff some sticks thru it. Apply course salt like you mean it! And that's it the beef is the star of this show.

I'm going to add some smoke with pecan and apple chips.

FHaA0rV.jpg

I3jhf6h.jpg

XfOaN9i.jpg

JFTRCKA.jpg

HeZGYWu.jpg

onsm2PS.jpg

p3jFS2u.jpg

Turned out terrific! Had about 125 on the big one 130-135+ on the others. The peach and apple chips was a good combo.

Big beef flavor and the pieces could be easily pulled apart.

That looks outstanding!!! AWSEOME JOB!

Pichana is a definite great meal. Few people know of it. I did mine whole...took it to 135. Served it with homemade chimichuri and it was fantastic!!

Mucho Points sir!!!

Reactions: hawgrider
Beautiful! Only downside to country living where I'm at, not a whole lot of Ethnic Diversity. Even the Chinese Restaurant has a hard time getting Chinese Vegetables and ingredients! Forget anything Hispanic!...JJ

Reactions: hawgrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky