Simple 2 probe therm for mom??????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slater

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Last minute xmas gift for my mom.
Looking around the interweb myself but figured ide ask!
Shes older & simple is best, no BT, wireless, etc...
Just a 2 probe so she can get a pit temp & meat temp.
Rechargeable would be great
1 button....
Does it exist?
Could just get a inkbird 4t but she doesnt need all that...
Suggestions please

Agree with JckDnls07 in recommending the Smoke. Built like a tank, not cheap plastic. I've been using mine 2-3 years and have never replaced the batteries. While it's a bit more complicated than some 2-probe thermometers, your mom will LOVE the wireless feature. If it's cold outside, hot outside, she doesn't have to keep running in and out to check the temp. She just sits there in her chair, sips coffee or iced tea, and glances at the remote unit every so often. For $99 it's a huge bargain in my book.

I got my mom (and sister) the Inkbird two probe. Doesn't have to be hooked into Bluetooth but can be. I have Inkbird, a thermopen, and an iGrill 2. They all work well but Inkbird has the price point.

Reactions: Inkbirdbbq
I highly recommend getting the Inkbird four probes instead of the two probes they don't cost much more, and she will be able to utilize more probes when/if need be.

I had a Smoke ll and now have a Inkbird IRF-4S. My Smoke ll didn't survive a rainstorm but my Inkbird has survived several. The Smoke ll temps and alarm settings had to be programmed at the transmitter which is attached to the probes outdoors with the smoker. My Inkbird can be programmed on the remote receiver from my recliner while I am watching TV. My Inkbird has four probes but will work just fine with only one probe plugged in.

Slater... What did you decide on? I'm rather curious! My mom and sister loved the ones I got them. They aren't as die hard as we are!

Slater... What did you decide on? I'm rather curious! My mom and sister loved the ones I got them. They aren't as die hard as we are!
I couldnt decide so didnt pull the trigger.
Smoke looks alittle over the top. Inkbird 4t is simple without any alarms, temp monitors etc right on the main display but she will never need $100 therm...
The therms with a module & a second monitor un-necessary & double the batteries to deal with....
Your IB also seems super simple BUT currently unavailable....
I need to get her something but now the x-mas pressure is off.......

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky