SHRIMP SCAMPI, SALAD AND ASPARAGUS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Made some shrimp the other night for dinner along with some salad and asparagus. Thought i would share one of my favorite ways to do the shrimp. Its fast and easy and really tasty!
I'll start off with the salad.
Chop up some lettuce.
0227202138.jpg

Then some grape tomato sliced in half and salt and peppered
0227202138a.jpg

Add all the goodies. Red onion,black olive,sliced pepperoncini peppers, croutons,shaved parmisian and the salt and peppered tomatoes.
0227202239a.jpg

I really like this dressing. Works great when you dont feel like making your own. I'll toss this into the salad right before its time to eat.
0227202154a.jpg

Now onto the asparagus. Real simple. Just wrap a small slice of deli ham around them and coat them with olive oil. Then season with a little SPOG
0227202232a_HDR.jpg

And finally the shrimp. I start off by sauteing some garlic a little bit of butter. Then deglaze the pan with some white wine. Once it simmers for a couple of minutes I'll add some more butter to make it a sauce. Set that aside and let it cool off.
0227202139a.jpg

Then layer your shrimp in a small pie pan or baking dish.
0227202223.jpg

Pour over the cooled down sauce and top with lemon pepper, a little salt , Parmesan and red pepper flakes.
0227202231.jpg

Then pop everything into a 425 degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes. Pull out the shrimp and broil the asparagus for just a couple minutes to crisp up the ham just a touch on the edges.

Asparagus out of the oven.
0227202300a_HDR.jpg

Shrimp out of the oven.
0227202256a.jpg

Then on to the plate and ready to eat.
0227202314.jpg

Man this was really good. It had been a while since I had some shrimp so this really hit the spot. Asparagus wrapped in ham is really good stuff and the salad was nice and Light to go along with the other stuff. This meal definitely made for a happy belly ! Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited:
Oh damn I love shrimp scampi and yours looks awesome! Definitely going to cook it that way next time, I like how you just had to throw it in the oven to finish. Love the ham and asparagus combo too!!

Oh damn I love shrimp scampi and yours looks awesome! Definitely going to cook it that way next time, I like how you just had to throw it in the oven to finish. Love the ham and asparagus combo too!!
Thanks! Ive made it this way a bunch if times. You can make it a few hr before you cook and put in the fridge. Then just pop it in the oven 10-12 min and its ready. Same with the asparagus. Its perfect for when you have company.
That looks fabulous !! Thanks for posting.. I'm going to try that soon..
Thanks! Try it out and let me know how you liked it. Real easy way to do the shrimp!
That’s all A++ for me!! I would devour all of that!!
Thanks! I figured this meal would go over well with you! Man oh man it was soooo good!
looks delicious!!
thanks! It was deffinatly delicious!
Awesome plate!
Thank you!
I love it all! Nicely done.
Thank you GATOR!
That is one tasty looking meal. Great job!

Dave
Thanks Dave! The whole thing was delicious!

Reactions: Omnivore
Thanks Steve! The little bit if ham wrapped around the asparagus was real good!

Nice job Travis!
That meal looks fantastic!!
Al
Thanks Al! This is one of our favorite ways to make shrimp. Really makes for an easy dinner especially when having company . more time to visit and less time in the kitchen.

Looks great . Don't eat much shrimp here . I need to branch out . Have to try the asparagus like that .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky