Short Rib Case Price

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
So I have an opportunity to buy a case of #130 whole beef short ribs, USDA Choice Angus, 2 racks cry-o-vac together, 6 packs per case or about 55 lbs. The price is $4.99/lb. or about $275/case. The brand is High River Angus which I'm not familiar with, but that's not surprising. I've looked them up on the interweb and they seem like a reputable packer.

Good deal, just OK deal, or bad deal? What say you folks?

On the surface it seems to be a good deal. That's a lot of ribs but you have a lot of people you feed :emoji_wink: I'm going to take a minute and see if I can find them online. I'll look at what they are offering and let you know if I see anything that looks out of line. Sounds like you've already looked into it though. Based on the price per pound, I'd give some serious consideration to pulling the trigger and getting a case.

Robert

Thanks Robert. As you well know, I feed quite a crowd and wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you for all you do...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky