Shooting from the hip marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Picked up a large package of chicken thighs at the commissary. wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I threw together a marinade which I hope will be ok.

1 cup orange juice
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup Dale's low sodium
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon each of
coarse ground black pepper
cumin
paprika
Chile powder

In the fridge overnight. Hopefully make a decent meal for tomorrow night with leftovers for lunch during the week.

Don't know how Dale's tastes. With fresh Garlic and Oregano, you would be similar to a Cuban Mojo, which is great on chicken. Should be interesting to see the result and your opinion...JJ

Sounds good . I use it on chicken dishes in place of Soy sauce . The regular is salty , need to look for the low salt version .

Don't know how Dale's tastes. With fresh Garlic and Oregano, you would be similar to a Cuban Mojo, which is great on chicken. Should be interesting to see the result and your opinion...JJ
I did add garlic, forgot to list it.

Dale's tastes like a soy sauce - Worcestershire sauce mix to me.

Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.

Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.
Got to be real careful with Dales. I use it as a wild game marinade with different spices added. I always cut the Dales down with water otherwise it is to strong..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky