Shooting from the hip marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bill ace 350

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Dec 28, 2013
Picked up a large package of chicken thighs at the commissary. wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I threw together a marinade which I hope will be ok.

1 cup orange juice
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup Dale's low sodium
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon each of
coarse ground black pepper
cumin
paprika
Chile powder

In the fridge overnight. Hopefully make a decent meal for tomorrow night with leftovers for lunch during the week.

Don't know how Dale's tastes. With fresh Garlic and Oregano, you would be similar to a Cuban Mojo, which is great on chicken. Should be interesting to see the result and your opinion...JJ

Sounds good . I use it on chicken dishes in place of Soy sauce . The regular is salty , need to look for the low salt version .

Don't know how Dale's tastes. With fresh Garlic and Oregano, you would be similar to a Cuban Mojo, which is great on chicken. Should be interesting to see the result and your opinion...JJ
I did add garlic, forgot to list it.

Dale's tastes like a soy sauce - Worcestershire sauce mix to me.

Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.

Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.
Got to be real careful with Dales. I use it as a wild game marinade with different spices added. I always cut the Dales down with water otherwise it is to strong..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky