• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Shooting from the hip marinade

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Picked up a large package of chicken thighs at the commissary. wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I threw together a marinade which I hope will be ok.

1 cup orange juice
1 cup white vinegar
1 cup Dale's low sodium
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon each of
coarse ground black pepper
cumin
paprika
Chile powder

In the fridge overnight. Hopefully make a decent meal for tomorrow night with leftovers for lunch during the week.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Don't know how Dale's tastes. With fresh Garlic and Oregano, you would be similar to a Cuban Mojo, which is great on chicken. Should be interesting to see the result and your opinion...JJ

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Sounds good . I use it on chicken dishes in place of Soy sauce . The regular is salty , need to look for the low salt version .

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
Dale's is like a worcestershire sauce kind of flavor. Ever had zip sauce? It's more in line with that imho

bill ace 350

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 28, 2013
Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Baked at 425. came out nice and crispy.

The Dales overpowered the other ingredients.

Had I known, would have cut it by 1/2 or so....

Still, decent chicken.
Got to be real careful with Dales. I use it as a wild game marinade with different spices added. I always cut the Dales down with water otherwise it is to strong..

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.