Serious Surf & Turf With A Serious Twist (Heavy Q-View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
"Man that all looks great! Points on the cook! If I ever make it to Texas I'm going straight to Robert's house."

"I'm betting he wouldn't turn you away either :emoji_thumbsup:"

You got that right!! I sure as heck wouldn't turn him away. Come on down!! We'd love to have you. Fair warning though: I might just put you to work cooking....ain't that right Zach?? :emoji_wink: Thanks a million for the sentiments. It means a lot.

setting up a party for SmokinVOLfan,
Robert

I'm betting he wouldn't turn you away either :emoji_thumbsup:

"Man that all looks great! Points on the cook! If I ever make it to Texas I'm going straight to Robert's house."

"I'm betting he wouldn't turn you away either :emoji_thumbsup:"

You got that right!! I sure as heck wouldn't turn him away. Come on down!! We'd love to have you. Fair warning though: I might just put you to work cooking....ain't that right Zach?? :emoji_wink: Thanks a million for the sentiments. It means a lot.

setting up a party for SmokinVOLfan,
Robert

Hell as long as you keep that home brew flowing I'll even clean your pool!

John

Reactions: Misplaced Nebraskan
"Hell as long as you keep that home brew flowing I'll even clean your pool!"

The pool requires very little cleaning. I had a high-intensity cleaning system installed when the pool was built....and not one of those silly little robotic ones either. Since you don't need to spend a lot of time cleaning the pool, that leaves you a lot of time to cook :emoji_laughing: Fear not though, the home brew never stops flowing here. It's part of the lifestyle and won't change as long as i'm able to lift the mug.

Counting the Southwest Airline points,
Robert

Pssssttt......hey John, please don't tell anybody that I whispered this in your ear. Zach and I are trying to keep this real quiet but we're hosting this little (haa haa) event down in Texas on August 10th. There's still plenty of time to book tix and get bargain prices (hint hint)

Hoping to plant the seed,
Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan

Pssssttt......hey John, please don't tell anybody that I whispered this in your ear. Zach and I are trying to keep this real quiet but we're hosting this little (haa haa) event down in Texas on August 10th. There's still plenty of time to book tix and get bargain prices (hint hint)

Hoping to plant the seed,
Robert

Man I would be there in a heartbeat but I think I would have a hard time convincing my wife and kids that a BBQ get together in Texas should count as our vacation this year lol. Ill pick up some flowers and wine on the way home from work and see if I can convince the wife first.

"Man I would be there in a heartbeat but I think I would have a hard time convincing my wife and kids that a BBQ get together in Texas should count as our vacation this year lol. Ill pick up some flowers and wine on the way home from work and see if I can convince the wife first."

All joking aside John, there is a TON of stuff to do around here for a family vacation. We live right on one of the largest lakes in Texas. There's fishing, boating, and water sports right here in the community as well as access to the Kayak Club and hiking trails as a guest of mine. One of the largest water parks in the country is 45 minutes south of us and there's always tubing on the river, which is a kick in the a$$!! A short drive to the west is Fredericksburg, a quaint little German town with some of the most amazing wineries in the nation and some world-class breweries as well as authentic German food. That's always a fun trip :-) The wife likes wine, and I have a propensity for beer so it's all good. A couple hours to the east of us is the gulf coast and the beaches at Port Aransas, which is also a great trip. Honestly, you won't lack for family activities here if you can convince the wife. Oh...did I mention that if you look real hard, you might find some decent BBQ also :-) Literally, this is just a few of the things that come to mind.

Here's hoping,
Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I was gonna say, give the wife and kids time at Schlitterbahn, let the wife have a shopping spree in Austin or San Antonio, and you do a day or two at the CenTex gathering.

Now if I could convince my wife and finance the trip.... LOL!

Robert your ruining my perception of Texas really quick. Not very nice.

Chris

I’ve never been to Texas but I would like to vacation there someday...BBQ roadtrip is on the bucket list.

I also feel like I want to move there as well, every year the winters get harder for me to handle here in PA.

"Robert your ruining my perception of Texas really quick. Not very nice.

Chris"

I have no idea what your perception of Texas is but if it's anything other than Texas being a great place to live, it probably needs to change :emoji_blush:

Setting the record straight.....sort of,
Robert

"Robert your ruining my perception of Texas really quick. Not very nice.

Chris"

I have no idea what your perception of Texas is but if it's anything other than Texas being a great place to live, it probably needs to change :emoji_blush:

Setting the record straight.....sort of,
Robert

Record set. I meant nothing negative about Texas at all. I've never actually been to Texas myself. The wife and I are trying to find a place to retire in. VT is just to expensive and cold. We've been researching some of the southern states Georgia, Florida, the Carolina's and Texas is also in the radar. So I actually appreciate your descriptions.

Chris

Record set. I meant nothing negative about Texas at all. I've never actually been to Texas myself. The wife and I are trying to find a place to retire in. VT is just to expensive and cold. We've been researching some of the southern states Georgia, Florida, the Carolina's and Texas is also in the radar. So I actually appreciate your descriptions.

Chris

Come on down to TN Chris. Live at the foot of the Smokey mountains, no state income tax, and yes they do sell PBR here!

"Record set. I meant nothing negative about Texas at all."

No offense taken sir, I assure you of that. My perception of Texas was totally different also before coming down here for the first time. All I could think of was cactus, deserts, and tumble weeds. Man...was I way off base!! Glad to call the Lone Star State home though. It's a pretty awesome place to live. Lots to do, great climate, and being as large as some countries in the world, we have virtually every conceivable type of geography and culture you could ever imagine.

Finally home,
Robert

Come on down to TN Chris. Live at the foot of the Smokey mountains, no state income tax, and yes they do sell PBR here!

TN is allot closer to my daughter in Georgia, but for some reason we never gave it a thought. PBR sales is one of the more important criteria in our decision making(at least to me - wife doesn't drink):emoji_sunglasses:

"Record set. I meant nothing negative about Texas at all."

No offense taken sir, I assure you of that. My perception of Texas was totally different also before coming down here for the first time. All I could think of was cactus, deserts, and tumble weeds. Man...was I way off base!! Glad to call the Lone Star State home though. It's a pretty awesome place to live. Lots to do, great climate, and being as large as some countries in the world, we have virtually every conceivable type of geography and culture you could ever imagine.

Finally home,
Robert

Robert so your not a native Texan, were the folks welcoming to your arrival.

I've highjacked this thread enough. I'll shut up now.

Chris

Hey Chris, another vote for TN! John is right, low taxes, and good weather. We actually have seasons around here. John is also right about moving to East TN. I live in Middle TN and the traffic is getting terrible. There is so much more to do eastbound! You would also be in a perfect spot to do a southeastern Pork tour. East vs West NC, SC Gold, AL white, and Memphis dry ribs.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky