SeenRed's --- Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Red, I'm thinking this would be a good injection for Scarbelly wings! Inject with the marinade let them stew for a while. Dust em with chipotle powder, high temp smoke with some cherry wood, OH yeah!!!

Red, I'm thinking this would be a good injection for Scarbelly wings! Inject with the marinade let them stew for a while. Dust em with chipotle powder, high temp smoke with some cherry wood, OH yeah!!!
Hmm...I think you're on to something there, Sailor.  That sounds righteous to me!  The chipotle powder would give 'em just a touch of heat...I Like It!!

Red

Hey ya all I'm back. I saw seenreds chicken marinade so I figured I'd try it on a whole chicken its been cooking for about 1.5 hours now hope it comes out good first time smoken a chicken.

Hey ya all I'm back. I saw seenreds chicken marinade so I figured I'd try it on a whole chicken its been cooking for about 1.5 hours now hope it comes out good first time smoken a chicken.

Looks like a great recipe! I'll have to try this out this weekend.

The only thing I may do differently, is add maybe 2 Tablespoons of tequila to the marinade. 
kewl.gif

Used Reds marinade recipe on turkey legs with a butter injection on saturday. Now its hard to impress an ol' buzzard like me anymore but.......DAMN!
Thanks Red.

Last edited:
Highly recommend doing this one to anyone viewing. I did mine with thighs with about an 8 hour marinade. For a variation I used about 2-3 ounces of coconut rum in the marinade juice and grilled over indirect heat. Awesome!!

That looks great Willie!  Everyone continues to amaze with their own variations of this simple recipe...Nicely done!
Used Reds marinade recipe on turkey legs with a butter injection on saturday. Now its hard to impress an ol' buzzard like me anymore but.......DAMN!
Thanks Red.
LOL thanks, gee...glad you liked it!

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky