Scotch Egg Failure

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They sure look good to me Charlie. I'm thinking 60 min. at 250* may have been to hot for to long a time.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: kilo charlie
They sure look good to me Charlie. I'm thinking 60 min. at 250* may have been to hot for to long a time.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you!

I probably should have went with a 3 min boil time and a shorter time @ 250... guess I'll have to try again!

I have never made them, so I can’t really comment on them.
But even with the yolks cooked they sure look good.
Al

WOW !

Me too .
Those look great . I like hard boiled , but over easy for fried .
I've always heard soft boiled called a " 3 minute " egg .
Nice work I'd say .

Thank you!

Since I hate runny eggs these look fantastic!

I grew up on Runny Eggs. Soft Boiled, Over Easy and Sunny Side Up. Had a Buddy that would order Sunny Side Eggs, dip out the Yolks with toast and leave the Whites!☺

Thank you!

I probably should have went with a 3 min boil time and a shorter time @ 250... guess I'll have to try again!

Try 3 minute Eggs and Refrigerate to get them Cold. Wrap and get them in the Smoker. The Sausage will cook but not the Eggs...JJ

I grew up on Runny Eggs. Soft Boiled, Over Easy and Sunny Side Up. Had a Buddy that would order Sunny Side Eggs, dip out the Yolks with toast and leave the Whites!☺

Try 3 minute Eggs and Refrigerate to get them Cold. Wrap and get them in the Smoker. The Sausage will cook but not the Eggs...JJ

Thanks for the tip!

may be a failures to you.....But like others...I'd tear them up and not complain. Waiting to see how you adjust and the results on the next batch.
Jim

may be a failures to you.....But like others...I'd tear them up and not complain. Waiting to see how you adjust and the results on the next batch.
Jim

Thank you!

It seems the consensus is to do a 3 minute egg and then I have to find the sweet spot of how long it need to smoke for... might be a while before I can test it as there are storms predicted for the next 5-6 days here

Reactions: JLeonard
Thank you!
might be a while before I can test it as there are storms predicted for the next 5-6 days here
Yeah as of 7pm this evening I am off for 6 days. And its predicted to rain every day. I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in a little grilling while I'm off. If not I'll claim my territory in the kitchen and run the wife out.
Jim

Yeah as of 7pm this evening I am off for 6 days. And its predicted to rain every day. I'm hoping to be able to squeeze in a little grilling while I'm off. If not I'll claim my territory in the kitchen and run the wife out.
Jim

I was lucky enough to get 3 days of smoking in... now I'll have to work on kitchen recipes or hopefully some quick grilling projects!

Enjoy your time off!

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks good to me. You just went from making scotch eggs, to dinosaur eggs. If there are any left you can split them in half, make deviled egg mix with the yolk and then have devilsaur eggs.

That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for sharing that!

My neighbors benefitted from the "extras" that I had because I was afraid they wouldn't reheat well... but I'm totally going to have to try the Devilsaur Eggs too!

this just gave me an idea for deviled scotch eggs. Hmmmm.... they do look delicious but like you I'm a soft boilled guy.

Thank you!

Deviled Scotch Eggs are on my list too! Haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky