Scallops & Cheesy Grits Updated 1/15

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Thawed a pack of Scallops these are big 11 in a pound bag wow
100_0038.JPG
Chopped up some Cheese Curd for Cheesy Grits
100_0039.JPG
Got the Grits ready
100_0041.JPG
Scallops in the CI
100_0042.JPG
Got some nice color
100_0043.JPG
needed a veggie Asparagus
100_0040.JPG
Wife wanted her Scallops on the Cheesy Grits
100_0045.JPG
I had mine on the side
100_0047.JPG
Thanks for watching
Richie

You did a nice piece of work there Richie! I love scallops and your look beautifully cooked, real nice pairing with the asparagus and grits. Like, RAY

You did a nice piece of work there Richie! I love scallops and your look beautifully cooked, real nice pairing with the asparagus and grits. Like, RAY
Ray thank you we enjoyed the meal
Richie

Looks real good! Thats one thing we dont do much around here. Looking at your plate I may need to change that! Your grits look nicely done. LIKE

Looks real good! Thats one thing we dont do much around here. Looking at your plate I may need to change that! Your grits look nicely done. LIKE
Travis Thank you this is the only way we eat grits,lots of Cheese and Butter.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice sear on the scallops . Never had grits , but it all looks great . Nice work .

Nice sear on the scallops . Never had grits , but it all looks great . Nice work .
Rich If you do try them have them with Cheese, plain are tasteless even loaded with butter.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Nice looking plate Richie. Those scallops took on a nice color.

Point for sure
Chris

Dang Richie that plate looks outstanding! You do your scallops exactly how I do mine. So good. And I like the cheese grits on the side too. Big LIKE!

Rich If you do try them have them with Cheese, plain are tasteless even loaded with butter.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Great, My Brother Richie!!
I guess I gotta try "Cheesy" Grits, because I've had plain Grits a couple times, and that was a couple times too often---TASTELESS!! Even the Army didn't make us eat that stuff!!
But I'd be all over those Scallops, but you knew that already.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Nice looking plate Richie. Those scallops took on a nice color.

Point for sure
Chris
Chris Thank you cast iron is the way to go when cooking these,thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Dang Richie that plate looks outstanding! You do your scallops exactly how I do mine. So good. And I like the cheese grits on the side too. Big LIKE!

SV Thank you Cheesy grits is the only way,thanks for the Big Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks Great, My Brother Richie!!
I guess I gotta try "Cheesy" Grits, because I've had plain Grits a couple times, and that was a couple times too often---TASTELESS!! Even the Army didn't make us eat that stuff!!
But I'd be all over those Scallops, but you knew that already.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Brother John first time I had them I kept asking for more butter,wasn't long after the 3rd request the manager said he was going to charge me for the Butter LOL I knew you would like them Scallops.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Didn't get a chance to post the left over Scallops & Grits from Mondays Dinner
Decided to re-season my CI pan Scrubbed Clean
100_0029.JPG

Used a non-stick Pan for those who thing you can't get a good sear.
Scallops getting a nice golden color
100_0004.JPG

Plated with the Cheesy Grits & Green Beans
100_0008.JPG

Thanks for watching
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky