SCALLOP CHOWDER Pic Heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
I forgot who I promised that I would post this.
Being Lent we don't eat meat on Fridays, we finished our last package of fish last week so instead of shopping I decided it was time to make a Scallop Chowder.I wish I made this years ago now it is the best tasting Chowder we ever had.
I will try to include the amounts as I go. I heard on the news that the church was allowing meat on Fridays' to help keep people at home.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp Bacon Grease
100_0336.JPG

2 Packets of Clam Broth (2 cups water)
1 Can Corn
1 Can Chicken Broth
100_0337.JPG

1 pound of Medium Bay Scallops
1 Carrot
1 Stalk Celery
100_0338.JPG

3 Medium Potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2"
The Carrot & Celery are about 1/3 cup fine dice
I did not have a small onion or any scallions,you can use them if you want.
100_0339.JPG

Saute your veggies
100_0340.JPG

Add you liquids and Clam broth packets,add Potatoes cook till tender remove
100_0341.JPG

Add some seasoning
1 tsp. Thyme
1 .5 tsp Parsley ( i used dry)
Pinch of crushed red pepper ( I used Reaper powder)
100_0342.JPG

3/4 cup Flour
4 cups milk
canned corn
Scallops Potatoes
100_0343.JPG

Keep the heat low let the Scallops cook and the Potatoes finish
It will thicken at this point DO NOT Let it BOIL
100_0344.JPG

I served this with some garlic toast S&P to taste
100_0345.JPG

Thanks for watching
Richie

Richie

Looks yummy for sure. i could use some that right now.

I love chowder and that looks real good Richie.

Point for sure
Chris

Now I know why you moved north to be farther away from me so it would be harder to knock on your door. Great ideal could sure do away with some of that rib sticking chowder.

Warren

Looks good . I bet that hit the spot !
Rich I knew it was going to be good,but never expected it to blow away all the other chowders I make.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Looks fantastic Ritchie!! Big scallop and soups lovers in my home!
Jeff Thank you I know flour is not big on your list,maybe a whipping cream & Cauliflower Puree would work.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

That soup looks wonderful Richie, Like! That'd even go well on a nice cold morning like it is here today, I'd have it for breakfast. RAY

Real nice job. Some Onion Powder or Flake works great in soups and sauces...JJ

Wow, that sure looks tasty. I've got some frozen Dover Sole ... I just might make this recipe with the fish in place of scallops. (I love me some scallops ... but I live in a highly infected area, and am trying to utilize everything I've got in the freezer so I don't have to go shopping)

Great post!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky