sausage stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've been happy with my LEM brand 5# stuffer.... Well built, works fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm gonna suggest you don't get the ones that have the big elbow out the bottom of the stuffer but rather get the one with the tube out the side towards the bottom... reason being... that big elbow holds a lot of meat that won't get stuffed into the casing... my two cents...

DL, Not sure what kind of money you want to spend? Check out the sausage maker website they make a great stuffer.

Hard to twist collegen casings. I tie them. For what is worth, I love my Kitchener.

i have a kitchener i got from northern tool for $60... people here seem to advise to look for the metal gear driven vertical stuffer. mine has nylon ones. they must certainly be less strong than metal ones, but i've had mine for 3-4 years... not a ton of sausages but maybe 70 pds a year? and i don't see any wear or cracks. if i saw one for the same price with metal I would have gotten that one but for $60 i couldn't pass it up and have no regrets.

Cabelas has their 5lb stuffer on sale right now for $109.99. It appears to be an exact (rebadge) of the LEM with metal gears. I'm about to pull the trigger! Shouldn't have to deal with LEM should there be a problem.

100% agree
I'm gonna suggest you don't get the ones that have the big elbow out the bottom of the stuffer but rather get the one with the tube out the side towards the bottom... reason being... that big elbow holds a lot of meat that won't get stuffed into the casing... my two cents...
if you do have one of these. how do you get the meat out, without pulling it out?

dannylang

if you do have one of these. how do you get the meat out, without pulling it out?

dannylang
You pretty much have to pull the meat out of the elbow. I have not seen many resources to push the meat out from the bottom of the piston thru the elbow.

Save the hassle and get a LEM or horizontal. In the end its your call and i'm sure you will do well.

Last edited:
nepas i am pretty well stuck with this stuffer, and yes it has a elbow on the bottom. should have done a little more research before i bought it. but i used it today to make summer sausage and it worked great.... even though it left some in the elbow. i fried it up. a little bit for me and the misses.

dannylang

thought I suggested this before you purchased ??

I have a Kitchener #5      If you are going to be an occasional user pretty much any of them will be fine. Now if you are making sausage all the time I'd look at some of the more heavy duty ones.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky