Sausage Stuffer from Northern Tool

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobdog46

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2010
Ponchatoula Louisiana
Just got my 5lb Sausage Stuffer from Northern Tool for X-Mas. Haven't tried it yet, but I am sure it will be better than stuffing with the grinder like I have been doing. Does anybody have this particular stuffer ? If so , how do you like it.
c78a042f_S__B051.jpg

They are a great stuffer.... You will be very happy not to have to stuff using a grinder..... Take pics of your smile when the first foot of sausage is rolling out....   Dave

They are a great stuffer.... You will be very happy not to have to stuff using a grinder..... Take pics of your smile when the first foot of sausage is rolling out....   Dave

X2 Just be very careful not to bottom out the plunger when stuffing or the nylon gears will break or strip.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I have made lots of sausage with mine.

Get a can of food grade spray lube...it makes things much easier.

I spray the whole thing after cleaning and before stuffing.

The drive system has nylon gears...stop turning the handle when it hits the bottom.

Have fun!!

Craig

I have made lots of sausage with mine.

Get a can of food grade spray lube...it makes things much easier.

I spray the whole thing after cleaning and before stuffing.

The drive system has nylon gears...stop turning the handle when it hits the bottom.

Have fun!!

Craig
What is food grade lube- any brand in particular - where can I get it ????  Thanks

I got one for Christmas too. Monday night I ground up my chicken and fat and added my seasoning and put it in the fridge, then I used it last Tuesday to stuff five pounds of Souvlaki Chicken sausage (a recipe that is still in the works-needs some tweaking).

Ma Dutch handled the cranking duties and we had a few blowouts.  I had to reminder sloooow and steady-not fast and furious and as long was she went slow the sausage flowed just fine.

My youngest son was a tad disappointed that he didn't get the chance to crank out some sausage (yes-pun intended 
biggrin.gif
). But I told him that we'll be doing more sausages this month.

Just remember to add some additional water to the mix to help the sausage to flow through the stuffing horn and prevent blow back and blow outs-this is really important especially if you chill the sausage over night. To my 5 lbs. of chicken I mixed in about a half a cup of COLD water. I'd of posted up pics of my sausage links but one of the daughters borrowed my digital camera for the holidays and the camera on my cell phone takes crappy pictures.

Next up we are going to try our hand at stuffing some brats.

As for the food grade lubricants, check out Butcher/Packer or Sausagemaker.com

Last edited:
What is food grade lube- any brand in particular - where can I get it ????  Thanks

Most any sporting goods place that has processing stuff.

I get mine at Bass Pro..the LEM silicon  version.

I have used spray oil from the grocery store on occaision.

Craig

Bobdog46, Great looking stuffer, looks like Santa had you on the GOOD
banana_smiley.gif
list......Here is just one form of the food grade spray lube that fpnmf was recommending. I found it at Bass Pro in a cleaning kit that I received for Christmas last year, they sell it as an individual item and LEM sells it it on their site too. FYI, recently I have been shopping at a restaurant supply store, their prices are really cheap (compared to the regular stuff you would find at Wal-Mart) and they have a lot better selections of items that you wouldn't imagine ...good luck with the new stuffer and hope to see some pictures soon.......http://www.lemproducts.com/product/food_grade_silicone_spray/grinder_accessories  
0456867f_spray.jpg

icon_cool.gif

I have seen them before but have never used one. I got the 5 lber from Gander Mtn and it's a good stuffer but the one from Northern Tools is cheaper and probably does the same good job as mine.

Congrats on the new stuffer................bobdog................................
icon14.gif

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky