Sausage Mix review Waltons Signature Smoked Kielbasa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radioguy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Radio Gal and I made this kielbasa about two weeks ago. We do a "traditional Czech" Easter meal. It is a very unique meal. Most items are cut into bite sized pieces and placed on a large lazy susan in the middle of the table. Smoked ham, smoked kielbasa, stuffed veal pocket, hard boiled and pickled eggs. Cirek sweetened egg cheese. We added grilled leg of lamb a few years back because we like lamb.

Pork shoulder has been on sale so we cut and ground about 18 pounds of pork. Added cure and used Waltons Signature Smoked Kielbasa mix. Let the meat cure and marinate over night. The test fry was very good, no adjustment needed. Not too garlicky, just right. Stuffed and let it set in the refrigerator. I cooked /smoked it on my little electric over 6 hours. 120F for first hour, then added smoke and ramped the temp up to 180F. Finish IT was 155F. Used a mix of hickory and Alder in the pellet tray.
Taste is excellent, we will be making more of this in the future.

RG

20220329_160804.jpg 20220329_224612.jpg 20220329_224623.jpg

Nice work . Haven't used any of the Walton's stuff , so good to know it's a good one .

BGKY it tastes really good. 👍

ChopSaw I use a lot of the Walton seasonings for snack sticks, like their BBQ and love their Gigawatt Hot. We like the hot and spicy around here so I've added that Gigawatt to other mixes.

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky