sauce/rub question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbfromtennessee

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 14, 2014
i think I know but not sure. someone please enlighten me on the term "spg". is that a sauce or a rub and if so what does it consist of percentage wise?? thanks jb

"i think I know but not sure. someone please enlighten me on the term "spg". is that a sauce or a rub and if so what does it consist of percentage wise?? thanks jb"

I know, these acronyms can be mysterious, confusing, and annoying sometimes.

Last edited:
SPG or SPOG short for salt, pepper, garlic, or salt,pepper, onion and garlic. It is the base/basic rub for most things or what i find that is available out here. There are a few ideas out here on ratio's some people will mix a cup of each, some will do cup of salt pepper and then go to 1/2 cup onion and garlic powder. I would suggest you mix some up on a smaller scale and taste/try it, see what you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: trillo15
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky