Saturday's butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 1, 2014
Columbus Ohio
I found a nice deal on a shoulder butt so I grabbed it.

febbutt01.jpg

I scored it and gave it a rub

febbutt02.jpg

And then on to the offset, smoking with briquettes, maple splts and pecan chunks.

febbutt03.jpg

Meanwhile, I prepared the mop - "Market District" is the in-house brand name at Giant Eagle stores.

febbutt05.jpg

Nice appearance and internal temp of 143, time to mop.

febbutt08.jpg

I brought it in as darkness fell. It wasn't pull-apart done but it was nice and juicy.

febbutt07.jpg

I took a few slices off one end and served. I tried frying some up and I was very satisfied. Now I have a lot of meat to work with and a bunch of hungry people in the house.

febbutt09.jpg

Funny thing is, I didn't take a final temp. I just went by how it looked, and the fact that night was falling. It could have been on longer but it was still OK.

I shaved off some thin slices and fried them up for Linda's omelet this morning, she loved it.

That looks Fantastic, BW !!:)
I haven't sliced one in Ages, but it's going on the list now!!
I Like it a lot !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky