1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Salt Encrusted Black Sea Bass Updated 5/13

Discussion in 'Grilling Fish' started by tropics, May 12, 2018.

1. pc farmer

pc farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That looks fantastic Richie. Never seen anything cooked like that before, covered in salt. Maybe I can go down back and catch some trout to try it.

2. Bearcarver

Bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Might as well---It's that time of the year in Pennsy-Land!!

Bear

3. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I agree it is a great way to do the fish,Sea bass is opening on the but I will be in Mass. fishing for Haddock
    Adam Thank you my fish was 2 1/2 pounds I used 6 cups of Kosher salt 4 egg whites and some water.Mix til it feels like it will mold.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
    Richie

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Good luck on your trip-tight lines

5. tropics

Waiting to hear from the capt.if he has enough people to sail.Don't want to drive up to Mass if I don't have to
    Richie

6. 73saint

73saint Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks amazing!! I’m assuming the egg whites are uncooked? Sorry, just never seen anything like this before.

7. tropics

73 Yes they are uncooked,I use bottled water to avoid chlorine and what ever else they put in the tap.Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
    Richie

8. tropics

We got out yesterday only took 1 hour 45 minutes to get our boat Limit Got home about an hour ago.
    Richie
    20180515_135230.jpg

9. Looks like a fish fry to me. Good for you!

10. browneyesvictim

browneyesvictim Master of the Pit ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Right on Richie! That's point worthy for sure.

11. tropics

Thank you tasty dish.Thanks for the Point I appreciate it.
    Richie

12. chilerelleno

chilerelleno Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Very, very nice cook and use of a method not used or appreciated enough.
    The fish looks done to perfection.

One of the best things about fishing is the eating!

LIKE!

This is fishing season for me right now, work like a dog all week, fish on Saturday, recover on Sunday, rinse and repeat.
    Been slaying the Spanish/Kings, whupping up on some Blues, pounding some Pompano and savaging the Speckled trout.
    I wish we had y'alls BIG Bluefish, fantastic fishery y'all have with them and other fish, e.g. Stripers.
    Our Blues don't get nearly so big, but they do eat better.

Saturday before last
    [​IMG]

A nice Big Ugly, catch-n-released
    [​IMG]

73saint likes this.
  13. tropics

Chili Thanks we don't have any fishing piers up this way,you guys are lucky down their Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
    Richie