S. Louisiana Gathering UPDATE:

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I am ordering the meat this week.  Will get 2 butts and 2 briskets unless I hear different.  Gotta regroup after 2100 mile drive roundtrip to see the new grandson and take inventory of my old bones.  LOL

Welcome Back and i hope all is well w/ the new grandbaby.

I just ordered from Butcher and Packer a few spices I was low on and changed the ball on my reciever to accomadate the Lang.  I will premake the Rub and such.  Meat will be purchased for pickup next week just before the gathering.  I believe Dave and Ruby are still coming and David is lining up a motel close by.  Getting to crunch time and I have a lot of catch up at work this week since I was gone all last week.  The grandkids are great!

Long term weather forecast for the event is GREAT.  Highs during the day in the low 80s and overnight lows in the low 60s.  New Moon weekend, Jupiter at nearest point in 12 years,   Gorgeous if it holds up. 

The big project I was involved in for work has been basically completed and will not start up again until after the event so I will be spending a good bit of time at the farm.  Still need to gather campfire wood, mop floors, bring cooking utensils, mostly small things left to be done.

Picking up the bellies for the Steens cured bacon Monday and will start the cure that afternoon.    Most of the non-perishables have been purchased.  Just want to cut grass a couple of more times and clean out the summer time garden.  Weed eat around the fruit trees and cut walking paths through the other side of the property. 

I was able to split the smaller pieces of Pecan I have but the large pieces have not dried enough yet so Rick please bring your fuel.

Looking forward to it,   12 days and counting.

Considering it's our first event looks like we will have a nice little crowd for Saturday.

I will be getting the Pecan ready this weekend and an oil change.  Packing my Cater Box for transport and have ordered the meat for pickup next week.  Darran from the Q joint may have a cater gig that weekend but if not may make a day trip for Saturday.  Should be plenty if he shows up so I dont see a prob with a drop in. 

No problem with drop ins  we will have more than enough food to share with anyone that shows up.  Seating for the LSU game however is determined by who made the commitment first.!

5 Days and counting!!!

I don't know about anyone else ,But i am getting pumped . This gathering is going to be a blast and hopefully everyone will leave wanting to come back for the next one.

Weather forcast looks to be the best we could hope for. Cool nights warm days.  No forcast for any rain.

anyone that wants to attend but has not spoke up ,It's not to late . Just let us know you're coming .

We will have plenty of food for all.

We hope to see y'all there .

I am working friday till 11am and then head home and hook up the smoker and toss everything in the pickup.  Then down 16 we go.

Looking for ward to it.

hey dickie.

You live in back brusly or the front side?

For you non cajun types its pronounced  Brewwwwwwwly

I've only been there once but he does know how to boil crawfish and a pretty avid fisherman.

Dickey will know exactly what i,m talking about if he's from brusly

Just thought I would update the menu to this point

Friday, Saturday and Sunday Snacks

Cracklins

Moinks

Pork Candy

ABTs

Tortilla Rollups

Anaheim Peppers stuffed with shrimp and seasonings Smoked

Calas

Watermelon from the garden

Friday Night

Bob’s Gumbo

Sausage Poboys

Potato Salad

Saturday Breakfast

Sandy’s sweet rolls

Breakfast sausage by Rick

Steen's cured bacon

Eggs

Grits

Saturday Dinner

Brisket

Butt

Rib Roast

Purple Hull peas with bacon and ham

Al’s baked beans

Corn Pudding

Italian Salad

Cole Slaw

Calas

Peach and Blueberry cobbler

Desert by Kathy

Sunday Breakfast

Sausage

Bacon

Eggs

Oatmeal

Baked Grits

Biscuits

Sunday Lunch

Leftovers      

Drinks

Bob’s special cocktails 

Don't count on my cocktails quite yet . I am still working on it trying different combos and different alcohols (Tough job ,But someone has to do it).

I should have something ready by fri night . But i may be the only one that will drink it.

My order from BP with all the fresh spices and such came in so tonight and tomorrow I will be making rub and sausage season.  YUM 

I picked up about 18lbs of prk butt and 12 lbs of brisket flats only tonight.  All tucked in the fridge awaiting the cooler tomorrow.  Sandy is making roll dough tonight and transporting tomorrow.  We are all packed and will load about 1130 tomorrow and try and get on the road by 1230 at the latest.  That should put us in the area around 2 or 230.  Looking forward to seeing you all.  Ruby is bringing her tent and coming later that evening after work.  I believe David is now not coming until Saturday as a day trip. 

Later all.

Sure as shootin , I'll probably see you there!

a034bb4a_115.jpg
1478d1eb_116.jpg
1e2c3e92_117.jpg
b4a86b0d_118.jpg
33b38120_119.jpg
6faa1db0_120.jpg
ce413d2e_121.jpg
b23e046c_122.jpg
4efefcb4_123.jpg
99d62235_124.jpg
a49c75f5_125.jpg
cffe798d_126.jpg
23f70f59_127.jpg
679a61e8_128.jpg
008625aa_129.jpg
afe474aa_14.jpg
3ed043c3_15.jpg
f901f3f2_16.jpg
378c0e59_17.jpg
b8d4c964_18.jpg
1bb90643_19.jpg
d54dd885_110.jpg
8f9f0663_111.jpg
2eef6727_112.jpg
88436ad9_113.jpg
a85ea27d_114.jpg
3af59e74_12.jpg
e5ef05a6_13.jpg
f960fa72_1.jpg
26bc4820_11.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky