S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y HEY!!! It's a Saaaaaturday night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I had the weekend off, and Saturday had the best forecast of the three days. Rain on Friday, cloudy and intermediate rain on Saturday, and SNOW on Sunday. It seems the weather girl nailed it on all three days. I'm glad I took a chance on the intermediate rain day.

First off the Beer pole. I got a great deal of 12oz PBRs. 18 pack for $11.00.
DSC02863.JPG

First up get the meatloaf going. Lighty saute half the veggies in butter: Half an onion, half a yellow pepper, and a whole jalapeno pepper.
DSC02845.JPG

Grind the other halves in the food processor along with another jalapeno, carrot and a stalk of celery..
DSC02847.JPG

Break up 3.5lbs of ground beef, 1lb of pork, add seasoning. SPG, both veggie mixtures, Oats, 3 eggs, A1 sauce and some BBQ sauce. Gentle work ingredients to combine.
DSC02850.JPG

Free form into a loaf and add bacon:
DSC02855.JPG

Onto the original fatty: One chub of Jimmy Deans regular, sliced in half, stuffed with cheese and coated with Tony C's after it's put back together: I only got a shot of the cut in half. Messy fingers and all.
DSC02852.JPG

Ribs are next: Full rack of spares:
DSC02858.JPG

...and all onto the 26" kettle with the SnS. Apple wood for flavoring. Ribs are seasoned with SPOG
DSC02862.JPG

Ribs for supper: Glazed over with the sauce for the wifey.
DSC02879.JPG

Sliced Shot:
DSC02886.JPG

I didn't slice the meatloaf or fatty till this morning, but here they are:
DSC02890.JPG

DSC02893.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Oh oh man! That is a cool! It all looks so good! Feel like it’s a tail gate menu! Crushed that cook!

Looks great Chris . The ribs really stand out for me . That and the way you master that kettle .
Nice work .

Oh oh man! That is a cool! It all looks so good! Feel like it’s a tail gate menu! Crushed that cook!

Thanks Jed, and for the like. Outside of the ribs taking so long. It would work great for a tailgate party.

Awesome cook Chris, good call on the weather! RAY
Appreciate it Ray and for the like. It's not often the weather forecasters are right, but something told me she had inside info.

That’s a lot of goodness Chris!! Great cook!

Thanks for the kindly words Jeff and for the like appreciate them.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great Chris . The ribs really stand out for me . That and the way you master that kettle .
Nice work .

Appreciate it Rich and for the like. The ribs were good, but what surprised me the most was the wife tasted the meatloaf and really liked it!!!. I've been married to her since '85 and not once have I seen her eat meatloaf. She's disliked it since she was a young'in. Wow I couldn't believe my ears when she asked me to not freeze her two slices.

Chris

• Love
Reactions: chopsaw
Looks Awesome Chris! I would take a plate of any of them. Weather down here kind of sucks this weekend. Going to fire up the kettle to cook the kabobs this eve.

Nice Chris
I bet the Bay City Rollers did not even eat this good.lol
Nice smoke ring on the meat loaf and the fatty,
and the ribs outstanding.
Nice that you squeezed in a good day for cooking outside

Another beer pole success, lol

David

PS: nice that your wife came around for the meatloaf to see what she has been missing all those years

David

Reactions: bbqbrett
Nice Chris
I bet the Bay City Rollers did not even eat this good.lol
Nice smoke ring on the meat loaf and the fatty,
and the ribs outstanding.
Nice that you squeezed in a good day for cooking outside

Another beer pole success, lol

David

PS: nice that your wife came around for the meatloaf to see what she has been missing all those years

David

Thanks David and for the like. I have a soft spot for the bubble gum music of the 70s.

That all looks great from here! Great cook!.

Appreciate the kind words and like sandyut.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks Awesome Chris! I would take a plate of any of them. Weather down here kind of sucks this weekend. Going to fire up the kettle to cook the kabobs this eve.
Appreciate the compliment and like clifish. Someday the east coast will get some decent weather. Make sure you post up those kabobs. I'll be looking for them.

Chris

Reactions: clifish
Not bad Christopher!
That 26 Weber has plenty of room!

LIKE!

p.s.
I do you know of a good dentist?
Room to spare good buddy. Thanks for the like and compliment also. Dentist---umm let's see. I have a few choices of pliers(for extracting), a sledge hammer(anesthesia), and a Dremel for drilling. I'd say we're all set.

All looks Great, Chris!!
Nice Jobs!
Like.

Bear

Thank you John.

Nice job, Chris. Everything looks real good to me.
Gary

Appreciate the kind words Gary. We enjoyed it.

GMC, Ill be over for dinner !

Your in Northern NH correct. If so your not to far away. Come on over. Did you guys get snow today. It's still snowing here, but nothings sticking. Thanks for the compliment also.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: yankee2bbq
Chris that is a great way to kick off the weekend for sure! Nice work, I can see that next day pan sear with sunny side eggs!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky