RV park porch build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BDubz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2018
Phoenix
This is a smoker I built using two air tanks. It's another mini smoker I built while at the RV resort in Florida. Should fit on the back of the fifth wheel and we'll try out a pork butt this Sunday. I slathered the inside with bacon grease and did a dry burn to season it. Can't wait to try it out! What do you all think of the build. I was limited on tools and confined on the porch to build it but I think it turned out great for what it is.
IMG_20230518_165321553~4.jpg
IMG_20230519_180541687.jpg
IMG_20230519_180530611.jpg

I am not a smoker builder but that looks good to me. Post some cooks on it when you use it.

Looks good. I must say that’s one of the nicer builds I’ve seen posted in awhile. Yes I’m that guy who zooms in on the welds and looks at the quality. Yours look pretty good. What kind of welder did you use? I look forward to seeing your post. You might as well break it in with some ribs for the throwdown!

Looks good. I must say that’s one of the nicer builds I’ve seen posted in awhile. Yes I’m that guy who zooms in on the welds and looks at the quality. Yours look pretty good. What kind of welder did you use? I look forward to seeing your post. You might as well break it in with some ribs for the throwdown!
I've built smokers using a tig, and a few with migs, but this one I only had access to an old Lincoln tombstone buzz stick welder.

I've built smokers using a tig, and a few with migs, but this one I only had access to an old Lincoln tombstone buzz stick welder.
Good old buzz box! I’ve thought a few employees how to weld over the years and I always make them start with the old buzz box. A good mig is to easy I think.

Started at 6am smoking a big pork butt

Attachments

• IMG_20230521_085536446.jpg
    IMG_20230521_085536446.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: JLeonard
Looks like you are off to a good start
Thanks. This is my first time smoking meat down here in southwest Florida. I do most of my smoking in Arizona, but this year we are doing 6 mos in Arizona, 6 mos in Southwest Florida.

Thanks a nice little smoker build! That should work really well! Reminds me of my little black pick reverse flow build….it is mad out of the same size air tank…

Thanks a nice little smoker build! That should work really well! Reminds me of my little black pick reverse flow build….it is mad out of the same size air tank…
That's sweet. Take a look at some of my other builds if you can access my uploaded media. This is my first cook on this smoker after building it, each build seems to have their own quirks and character about the way they cook. My latest cooks quick, gets to temp fast, and pretty much stays between 200-250 and I've been feeding chunk wood about every 30-45 minutes. But it is a great blue smoke maker, haven't had any dirty or white smoke yet.

That's sweet. Take a look at some of my other builds if you can access my uploaded media. This is my first cook on this smoker after building it, each build seems to have their own quirks and character about the way they cook. My latest cooks quick, gets to temp fast, and pretty much stays between 200-250 and I've been feeding chunk wood about every 30-45 minutes. But it is a great blue smoke maker, haven't had any dirty or white smoke yet.
Those are pretty sweet little cookers thanks for sharing…..just be warned that you start off small……but the desire to go big gets hard to fight off…..

See you start off like this….
6FC00DAB-8B0B-433B-ACB5-088F75472304.jpeg

Which leads to this…….
4746A684-E6C4-42D9-BABE-E63A55D470F0.jpeg

Which caused this…….
13B5968F-1AFD-4042-807B-4757CA61DC6D.jpeg

Then you are left with…….what’s next……

Those are pretty sweet little cookers thanks for sharing…..just be warned that you start off small……but the desire to go big gets hard to fight off…..

See you start off like this….
View attachment 665953

Which leads to this…….
View attachment 665954

Which caused this…….
View attachment 665955

Then you are left with…….what’s next……
Hahaha, sweet builds. Yeah I started with big trailer builds and have slowly worked in reverse over the years to smaller builds. My first build was a 80 gallon tank deal, that I built like your meadow Creek style black smoker. Your copper smoker looks like it took a while to build.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky