Rub Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
Anyone have a rub recipes that are posted and shared they like? My wife has gotten very sensitive to salt and kind of get edema from too much salt and a history of gout in the family. So I want to make some for home use with no salt at all.

She loves the Memphis dry rub stuff, but we just did ribs with it and knees, ankles and fingers joints all hurt that night and the next day from it.

And one more thing unrelated to a rub recipe. Check the label on the meat. If it says "Prepared with 12% (or whatever percentage) of sodium blah blah, phosphates, etc", that can set off gout, too. I just smoked a Butterball turkey last week, and after eating it for several days, my wife and I both had gout problems...but DANG that was a juicy, tender bird. Ribs and butts from Hormel or Smithfield are usually prepared with salts and phosphates.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky