ROYAL OAK CLASSIC PRICE DROP AGAIN!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Hello all. I was just in my local Lowes knocking around and as always went over to the smoking/grilling section. They have just put the Royal Oak Classic, which is all I use now on clearance. $4.99 per bag. This summer it was pushing $8.00. 2 weeks ago it was $6.99. Had to get a cart full. I don't use much charcoal in the stick burner. About 1/2 chimney to get my wood going. I do use it in my Weber Kettle for offset smoking as well as grilling steaks, burgers and such. I am in Southeast Mississippi. Don't know if this is a regional thing or not but check it out.

ROYAL OAK CLASSIC.jpg

ROYAL OAK CLASSIC
CART LOAD.jpg

6 BAGS 92.4 POUNDS TOTAL

Thanks, our store has 54 bags left. Clarence sale lasts until the end of December.

Chris

Reactions: Hawging It
My old lady would set me on fire if I brought home another car load of charcoal!

Keep in mind this isn't really a deal breaker for me
That's funny. Really glad I switched this summer from Kingsford to The Royal Oak Classic. Just a better Charcoal in my opinion.

Thanks for the post . Gonna go look tomorrow .
Any time! Our Lowes has a fairly good Smoking/Grilling department. I'm just not a Pellet Smoker sort of a guy but they have a TON of different Pellet smokers and a HUGE supply of different types of pellets. Pellet Heaven. HaHaHaHa!

Thanks Hawg.
Checked the local Lowes and they have the same price and a good stock.
I'm getting low and was worried about making it through the winter and spring.. Not as many people as me understand that grilling and smoking in a Minnesota winter is a welcome treat.

My old lady would set me on fire if I brought home another car load of charcoal!

Keep in mind this isn't really a deal breaker for me
Wife questioned my stocking up in May. I need to show her how is left.

Thanks Hawg.
Checked the local Lowes and they have the same price and a good stock.
I'm getting low and was worried about making it through the winter and spring.. Not as many people as me understand that grilling and smoking in a Minnesota winter is a welcome treat.

Wife questioned my stocking up in May. I need to show her how is left.
All you got to do is bundle up warm and get after it! Glad they got plenty for you.

I’m gonna have to check the local establishment. I have never used that brand
There is a thread that was posted a few months back comparing RO to Kingsford. The guy spent a lot of time on his research. That is when I switched. Do a search and you will find it.

Here's the one(I think):
From the Charcoal Nerd - aka noboundaries noboundaries

Chris

Yep, that's the one. I just read through it and was going to link it up. Thanks for sharing it!

Reactions: fivetricks
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky