• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

ROYAL OAK CLASSIC PRICE DROP AGAIN!

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Hello all. I was just in my local Lowes knocking around and as always went over to the smoking/grilling section. They have just put the Royal Oak Classic, which is all I use now on clearance. $4.99 per bag. This summer it was pushing $8.00. 2 weeks ago it was $6.99. Had to get a cart full. I don't use much charcoal in the stick burner. About 1/2 chimney to get my wood going. I do use it in my Weber Kettle for offset smoking as well as grilling steaks, burgers and such. I am in Southeast Mississippi. Don't know if this is a regional thing or not but check it out.

ROYAL OAK CLASSIC.jpg

ROYAL OAK CLASSIC
CART LOAD.jpg

6 BAGS 92.4 POUNDS TOTAL

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 25, 2014
Nice grab I still burning up stuff I bought 2 years ago.
Richie

noboundaries

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Great find! Thanks for posting. I'm probably good until the Spring, but nice to know you're watching. Like!

Ray

JJS

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 17, 2019
I'm gonna have to check our local Lowes out. I'm down to three bags.

Chris
I checked Lowe’s online for my local store, $4.99/bag with 75 available in store. Thought it might save you a trip if you weren’t already heading there

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Thanks, our store has 54 bags left. Clarence sale lasts until the end of December.

Chris

fivetricks

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 7, 2017
My old lady would set me on fire if I brought home another car load of charcoal!

Keep in mind this isn't really a deal breaker for me

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
My old lady would set me on fire if I brought home another car load of charcoal!

That's funny. Really glad I switched this summer from Kingsford to The Royal Oak Classic. Just a better Charcoal in my opinion.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Thanks for the post . Gonna go look tomorrow .

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Thanks for the post . Gonna go look tomorrow .
Any time! Our Lowes has a fairly good Smoking/Grilling department. I'm just not a Pellet Smoker sort of a guy but they have a TON of different Pellet smokers and a HUGE supply of different types of pellets. Pellet Heaven. HaHaHaHa!

Fueling Around

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Thanks Hawg.
Checked the local Lowes and they have the same price and a good stock.
I'm getting low and was worried about making it through the winter and spring.. Not as many people as me understand that grilling and smoking in a Minnesota winter is a welcome treat.

Wife questioned my stocking up in May. I need to show her how is left.

woodz

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 5, 2013
I’m gonna have to check the local establishment. I have never used that brand

woodz

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 5, 2013
Popped in to the local Big Blue store and snagged up 5 bags. They were going quick! They even had a little charcoal chimney on sale so it ended up in the cart.. Thanks for the head's up!
IMG_3805.jpg

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
Thanks Hawg.
Checked the local Lowes and they have the same price and a good stock.
I'm getting low and was worried about making it through the winter and spring.. Not as many people as me understand that grilling and smoking in a Minnesota winter is a welcome treat.

Wife questioned my stocking up in May. I need to show her how is left.
All you got to do is bundle up warm and get after it! Glad they got plenty for you.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 1, 2019
I’m gonna have to check the local establishment. I have never used that brand
There is a thread that was posted a few months back comparing RO to Kingsford. The guy spent a lot of time on his research. That is when I switched. Do a search and you will find it.

woodz

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 5, 2013
There is a thread that was posted a few months back comparing RO to Kingsford. The guy spent a lot of time on his research. That is when I switched. Do a search and you will find it.
Thanks Hawg, I'll check it out.

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012

woodz

Fire Starter
Joined Dec 5, 2013
Here's the one(I think):
From the Charcoal Nerd - aka noboundaries noboundaries

Chris
Yep, that's the one. I just read through it and was going to link it up. Thanks for sharing it!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.