Rookie Smoker from S. Indiana

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nicholbr

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Louisville, KY
Hi all,

Just got my first smoker a few weeks back and wanted to look for some forums to be able to interact and get some advice periodically.

Smoker: it is a MES 30" with window version.

I have grilled a lot in the past and wanted to really start getting into smoking. Smoking wise, my father has a BGE and I have smoked some ribs, pork chops and a bacon wrapped sausage.

I hope to get some good advice as I have done Brauts and a Boston Butt on this smoker and going to adventure into other types of meat soon.

Thanks!

Welcome Nich!

Happy you joined the forum. You might start off with the free Jeff's 5 day E Course that give you a good base knowledge of smoking.  AND.. its free. 

Your MES is a great unit.  You're going to love it.  We also have a MES group here with lots of great information on the care and operations of your smoker

Brian

Thanks All,

For Christmas I actually got Jeff's Smoking meats book.Been reading it and getting ideas for different items to test out. Also starting to keep a journal of what I have been smoking so I can go back and look at what I tried at what temp and results so I can tweak my methods.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky