Rollin A Fatty: My Version

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I read in this thread a few time about somebody making a bacon weave tutorial. does anybody know if one was ever made? thanks!

-Baydoe 

Once you get the bacon weave down you can do really cool things. I did this weave on top of an apple this weekend and impressed my wife.  She asked where I learned how to do that. I told her it was from learning how to do the bacon weave for a pork loin smoke I did.

View media item 352009

Thanks, that was a big help. Thanks to the wife too, excellent photos

Dave

PS to Silverwolf: I've been in your neck of the woods. I have a friend who is the minister at the Moravian Church in Gnadenhutten. We found out the closest grocery store is in Uhlrichsville.

Last edited:
I really like making Fatties. I thank you for making this tutorial. I have the bacon weave down pat. The better the cut of bacon, the easier the weave will be. I have some used some really good bacon and real crappy bacon and I find the bulk bacon at your local meat counter is the best. This is my first post or reply to these forums... Thank you again.

Gene 
241.png

I think I'll throw a couple on my pellet rig tomorrow and see how it does. Maybe do some steak rolls too. I've been wanting to try some fatties since I first saw them in this forum.

View media item 451304Doesn't appear crisped up but that's the iPhone photo ability. Color is darker and bacon much crisper by feel. Total success first time out of the gate thanks to the fatty sticky and gf's awesome skills. She rolled the sausage off plastic wrap and then came
over and fixed my Rainman bacon weave. I think I was a little bacontoxicated. Great recipie, thanks to all who chimed in with tips.

Dunno if the guy who started this thread is still around after 6 yrs, but many, many thanks for the great how-to!  I built my first two fatties today, they're on the rack right now.  Mmmmm Mmmmm... I know all of our neighbors are getting a nose full already. Ha Ha!

been busy lately and not smoked anything for a while. I start leave next week and have a ton of yard work/landscaping to do. Well Im gonna be outside working in the yard all day might as well have a fire going and something on the smoker. Gonna give this a try. Never heard of a fattie before (well not in reference to a food) and this sounds amazing. I'll get some pics and show y'all what I end up with. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky