Roll call

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by kaliken, Nov 28, 2011.

1. kaliken

kaliken Newbie

Hello All, my name is Ken and I am from California (Los Angeles) to be exact. I am kind of new to smoking, but have smoked before with great results. I have just purchased a Brinkman Verticle smoker from Home Depot which I assume is a beginners smoker : ). Smoked my first Turkey this thanksgiving and it turn out ok though i know I need more practice to get it perfect. I am trying to expirement with different cuts of meats to see what works the best.That goes for the different woods and well. I used Apple wood to do the turkey and its was nice.Hopefully i am in a place where I can get all the great help needed to become a great smoker of meat and I welcome all the advice i can get.Please tell me how to add pics on this site so I can post a pic of my turkey. thanks :)

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good information and some great recipes here. I would also suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it's free and has dome great info. Here's a link to how to post Qview/Pics but expect it to tell you it's being held for moderator approval that happens until you get x number of posts.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/how-to-upload-images-to-the-new-smf-format

3. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome

Ask away, we love questions. You started with Turkey, one of the more difficult projects so you have a good idea of what you are getting into.  What's next on your smoking menu?

4. [​IMG]  to SMF Ken. Glad you joined us.

All I can say is Read Read Read, then Ask Ask Ask, and then

of course Smoke Smoke Smoke. It all goes hand in hand.

Happy Smokin'

Mike

5. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to the SMF Family...You came to the right place for help and Ideas for smoking anything...JJ

6. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to

-smf

7. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Welcome aboard, Ken!

The folks here will help you just like they help me.

Good luck and good smoking.

8. raymo76

raymo76 Smoking Fanatic

Ken welcome to the forum, I post pictures by clicking the insert image button next to the roll of film button which is next to the paper clip button in the reply/post thread box. You are in the right place to advance your smoking abilities and to get tons of great input. I'm not in the city but I'm in the county, so good luck with everything!

9. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hi Ken, your doing fine, and Yes you came to the right place.

You'll be a smoking genius in no time [​IMG]

[​IMG]  to SMF

10. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Hey Ken 

Welcome to SMF from Fallbrook- glad to have you with us - 

11. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Hi Ken and welcome to SMF and thanks for joining us...

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF! Great folks, great tips, and recipes!

13. ecto1

ecto1 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine..

14. kydave

kydave Smoke Blower

Welcome Ken from LA.

I joined the site earlier this year and I have to warn you, these people will slowly infect you. Yeah, like boiling a frog slowly, you have entered a tepid pool, these caring and generous people who, through their kindness, will slowly turn up the heat until the pool is boiling. Then you're cooked! They got you! You'll find yourself by the grill or smoker with the tongs in one hand and a camera in the other thinking - I wonder if this is a good shot for my next post on Smoking Meat Forums? It's true. It happened to me.

You've been warned! Be careful Ken.

(grin)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. owlcreeksmoker4

owlcreeksmoker4 Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Welcome to SMF! you are among good company :welcome1:

16. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

17. frosty

frosty Master of the Pit

Welcome Ken!  We love to look over your shoulder via Q-view and lots of friendly help is available.  We may RAZZ you, but only in good fun.

Enjoy!

18. sound1

sound1 Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]

Not bad advise from KYDave....[​IMG]You may want to check with your local authorities about an intervention program for the new addiction that you don't know you have yet.... 

kydave likes this.
  19. Welcome and happy smokin

20. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]