Never dreamed I'd see the day I'd be priced out of fast food

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When the kid was in puplic school and I picked him up in town to bring back out into the country where I live I would sometimes stop at Raunchy Ronnies for a fast meal. Kid would get the kids meal which included a toy of some sort. Still have them all and plan on selling them on feebay someday and make all my money back :emoji_wink:

I've been priced out of fast food for quite awhile now, since before COVID. Like John Fueling Around Fueling Around said, you can eat real food for about the same price as fast food.
Rolled thru McDonalds Thursday. Big Mac, Med Frys, Med Coke: $17.98.
And then they expect a tip...🤣
not sure what the “Texas Brisket” was, but I would have preferred fried spam.
I love fried SPAM, but the SPAM I make at home is best....😉

Last edited:
And then comes the craving for their fries! Don't stop often, but sometimes a filler, quick meal can be eaten on the go.

Ryan
Well here in Ontario you have to be aware you could be charged for eating while driving.

"
Can I eat or drink while driving?
There’s no law saying you can’t eat or drink — non-alcoholic beverages of course — and drive. But depending on the circumstances you can still be charged with careless or dangerous driving.

Imagine pulling a handful of fries from a paper bag on the passenger seat or glancing down to grab a hot coffee from the cup holder while going 120 km/hour on the highway. With your eyes off the road, you could swerve out of your lane or fail to break in time if the car ahead suddenly slows down.

In these situations, a police officer has the discretion to charge you with careless or even dangerous driving."

Just read an article this morning about an old lady that lives across from a six flags amusement park. She bought an annual pass with meals included. She eats there every day. 😂
Knotts Berry farm has a Similar Annual Pass, and it's good across the nation at all its other Amusement & water parks.

Wow you all didn't see this coming with the raise of minimum wage. I have no idea what type work you do but if there is a price increase in the supplies there usually is a price increase to follow. Wife and I started packing light lunches years ago no fast food.

Warren

Well here in Ontario you have to be aware you could be charged for eating while driving.

"
Can I eat or drink while driving?
There’s no law saying you can’t eat or drink — non-alcoholic beverages of course — and drive. But depending on the circumstances you can still be charged with careless or dangerous driving.

Imagine pulling a handful of fries from a paper bag on the passenger seat or glancing down to grab a hot coffee from the cup holder while going 120 km/hour on the highway. With your eyes off the road, you could swerve out of your lane or fail to break in time if the car ahead suddenly slows down.

In these situations, a police officer has the discretion to charge you with careless or even dangerous driving."
Glad I don't live there. Can't say I believe in leaving things to the discretion of officers. But I am curious... does McDonald's food in California come with a might cause cancer warning? Cuz I think everything we buy here has it! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

I splurged and went to Culvers a couple of hours ago. For fast food, it's hard to top Culvers quality. It's always been a bit higher than the the other drive thru's but it is consistently good.

I had a double patty melt with grilled onions, fries, and what they call a Concrete Mixer with blueberries and butter cake bits. Yes - my stomach is paying the price for the ice cream, but it's the first ice cream I've had in several months lol. And I considered it worth the 14 bucks because I enjoyed it. I can never say I 'enjoy' something from McDonalds. I do use the app in a pinch for a pair of double cheeseburgers. Using the app I get the pair for about 4 bucks. Works when I've been busy being a commuting husband/dad and I've been going at work for 4 hours, been up 13 hours with another 6-7 to go before I get back into bed, driven almost 150 miles and had to go to school with our autistic 5 year old - all before I even go do the paying job. Works even better to bloat me up like an overcooked sausage.

Grand total for so much actually good food that I couldn't even finish all of was 13.72

Now I took my step kid to Sonic last weekend. For me, her, and the missus, it was over $52. My meal (which was a double cheesburger meal - with iced tea so NO ice cream upcharge) was almost $15. And the food was lousy. And I used to really like Sonic..... but quality went to hell during Covid and never returned.

Yeah - it's convenient but it's barely food most of the time.

Nothing beats my own burgers, ground from steaks and roasts and 6-8 oz each and topped with my own home cured and smoked bacon, even if I do buy the buns.

I remember the day I said enough is enough with fast food. Stopped at a Taco Bell a couple of years ago. I ordered 3 taco supremes and a soda. 15 bucks. When the girl on the other end of the speaker told me that, I told her to cancel it all. It took me a while before I broke down and went through another drive thru. Now, if I do, I use the apps and just get something to put calories in. It all tastes like crap, so "cheapest" fits the bill.

Glad I don't live there. Can't say I believe in leaving things to the discretion of officers. But I am curious... does McDonald's food in California come with a might cause cancer warning? Cuz I think everything we buy here has it! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Well sorry I disagree with you. Distracted driving is one of the worst broken rules on the road. I see it every day with women driving into town going to work putting on there layers of makeup. Transnport drivers texting and missing stop signs. I hope every police officer catches these people and throw the damn book at them.
Careless driving
You could face more charges – for careless driving – if you endanger other people because of any kind of distraction. This includes distraction caused by both hand-held (e.g., phone) or hands-free (e.g., Bluetooth) devices.

If convicted of careless driving, you may receive:

six demerit points
fines up to $2,000 and/or
a jail term of six months
a licence suspension of up to two years

Well sorry I disagree with you. Distracted driving is one of the worst broken rules on the road. I see it every day with women driving into town going to work putting on there layers of makeup. Transnport drivers texting and missing stop signs. I hope every police officer catches these people and throw the damn book at them.
Careless driving
You could face more charges – for careless driving – if you endanger other people because of any kind of distraction. This includes distraction caused by both hand-held (e.g., phone) or hands-free (e.g., Bluetooth) devices.

If convicted of careless driving, you may receive:

six demerit points
fines up to $2,000 and/or
a jail term of six months
a licence suspension of up to two years
So I shouldn't be driving a manual with a beer between my legs, while I'm rolling a fatty and talkin/textin on the phone? It's hands free.

Glad I don't put makeup on then! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Yes so am I but the scary part is this sheeeet happens every day and people end up hurt or dead. Seen it many times over the years so its not a joke to just brush off.
gettyimages-1341479964-1024x1024.jpg

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky