Roll call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kaliken

Original poster
Nov 12, 2011
Hello All, my name is Ken and I am from California (Los Angeles) to be exact. I am kind of new to smoking, but have smoked before with great results. I have just purchased a Brinkman Verticle smoker from Home Depot which I assume is a beginners smoker : ). Smoked my first Turkey this thanksgiving and it turn out ok though i know I need more practice to get it perfect. I am trying to expirement with different cuts of meats to see what works the best.That goes for the different woods and well. I used Apple wood to do the turkey and its was nice.Hopefully i am in a place where I can get all the great help needed to become a great smoker of meat and I welcome all the advice i can get.Please tell me how to add pics on this site so I can post a pic of my turkey. thanks :)

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. You'll find lots of good information and some great recipes here. I would also suggest signing up for Jeff's 5 Day Ecourse it's free and has dome great info. Here's a link to how to post Qview/Pics but expect it to tell you it's being held for moderator approval that happens until you get x number of posts.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/how-to-upload-images-to-the-new-smf-format

Welcome

Ask away, we love questions. You started with Turkey, one of the more difficult projects so you have a good idea of what you are getting into.  What's next on your smoking menu?

welcome1.gif
 to SMF Ken. Glad you joined us.

All I can say is Read Read Read, then Ask Ask Ask, and then

of course Smoke Smoke Smoke. It all goes hand in hand.

Happy Smokin'

Mike

Welcome to the SMF Family...You came to the right place for help and Ideas for smoking anything...JJ

Welcome..

This site has tons of info.

I suggest you spend some time reading all the different forums and the WIKIs.

Ask questions and use the handy dandy search tool for specific interests!!

Take the awesome free E-Course!!!

Have a great day!!!

Craig

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/wiki/about-jeffs-5-day-ecourse

Make bacon the easy way!!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/109368/more-easy-made-bacon-with-q-view#post_666451

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to

-smf

Ken welcome to the forum, I post pictures by clicking the insert image button next to the roll of film button which is next to the paper clip button in the reply/post thread box. You are in the right place to advance your smoking abilities and to get tons of great input. I'm not in the city but I'm in the county, so good luck with everything!

Hi Ken, your doing fine, and Yes you came to the right place.

You'll be a smoking genius in no time 
biggrin.gif

welcome.gif
 to SMF

Hey Ken 

Welcome to SMF from Fallbrook- glad to have you with us - 

Welcome to SMF glad you can join us.  We are big on Pics and love to help everyone out.  Remember the only question that is dumb is one not asked.  You will not find a friendlier place to talk Que on the web.

You are going to fit in just fine..

Welcome Ken from LA.

I joined the site earlier this year and I have to warn you, these people will slowly infect you. Yeah, like boiling a frog slowly, you have entered a tepid pool, these caring and generous people who, through their kindness, will slowly turn up the heat until the pool is boiling. Then you're cooked! They got you! You'll find yourself by the grill or smoker with the tongs in one hand and a camera in the other thinking - I wonder if this is a good shot for my next post on Smoking Meat Forums? It's true. It happened to me.

You've been warned! Be careful Ken.

(grin)

Last edited:
Welcome Ken!  We love to look over your shoulder via Q-view and lots of friendly help is available.  We may RAZZ you, but only in good fun.

Enjoy!

welcome1.gif

Welcome Ken from LA.

I joined the site earlier this year and I have to warn you, these people will slowly infect you. Yeah, like boiling a frog slowly, you have entered a tepid pool, these caring and generous people who, through their kindness, will slowly turn up the heat until the pool is boiling. Then you're cooked! They got you! You'll find yourself by the grill or smoker with the tongs in one hand and a camera in the other thinking - I wonder if this is a good shot for my next post on Smoking Meat Forums? It's true. It happened to me.

You've been warned! Be careful Ken.

(grin)
Not bad advise from KYDave....
unsure.gif
You may want to check with your local authorities about an intervention program for the new addiction that you don't know you have yet.... 

Reactions: kydave
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky