• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Roasted Poblano and Smoked Gouda stuffed Chops!

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2009
Inspired by a lot of folks a heck of a lot more creative than myself... decided to put a little twist on some chops I've been marinading.

Marinated these chops in a mixture of OJ and cranberry juice, a squirt of italian dressing, and a shake of soy sauce since Saturday.

Made a pocket in them by slicing sideways almost through, then added a little shake of Cajun Shake from the Bassman, layered in some roasted poblano, and a slice of smoked gouda. Finished it all off with a shake of garlic salt.

Smoking with hickory and apple at 250*, should be ready to chow in an hour/hour and a half.

Sliced

Shaked

Stuffed

Pinned up

In the smoker - had an extra chop and a couple of trimmed pieced that I just draped the extra Pob's on

Be back soon with some finished shots.

thanks for checking out my post!

Tracey

/ message sig

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
OK, Now those are gonna rock! Chile, Cheese, and Pork.........Yes they will rock.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2009
Hey thanks everyone - they were good.

Here's the finished product - I liked it!!

Thanks for checking out my post. / message sig

jirodriguez

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
Looks awesome, nice thinking outside of the box.

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks GREAT Tracey,

You got me slobbering again.

You better stick to smoking meat though, if you close up a wound with toothpicks, you're not operating on me!

Thanks for the GREAT View,

Bear

walle

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 21, 2009
Looks GREAT Tracey,

You got me slobbering again.

You better stick to smoking meat though, if you close up a wound with toothpicks, you're not operating on me!

Thanks for the GREAT View,

Bear
... I can always count on you, BEAR!!  lol..

Yeah, I noticed that too!  I was just trying to get those bad boys pinned together... I'll do better next time.

I'm much better with a piece of string and a needle...

Thanks for checking out my post.

ifitsdeadsmokeit

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 9, 2010
Next time i'm in Grand Junction, i'm stopping by.....wish I had the imagination to  dream up tasty dishes like that.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.