Roasted Poblano and Smoked Gouda stuffed Chops!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

walle

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 21, 2009
Fruita, Colorado
Inspired by a lot of folks a heck of a lot more creative than myself... decided to put a little twist on some chops I've been marinading.

Marinated these chops in a mixture of OJ and cranberry juice, a squirt of italian dressing, and a shake of soy sauce since Saturday.

Made a pocket in them by slicing sideways almost through, then added a little shake of Cajun Shake from the Bassman, layered in some roasted poblano, and a slice of smoked gouda. Finished it all off with a shake of garlic salt.

Smoking with hickory and apple at 250*, should be ready to chow in an hour/hour and a half.

Sliced

Shaked

Stuffed

Pinned up

In the smoker - had an extra chop and a couple of trimmed pieced that I just draped the extra Pob's on

Be back soon with some finished shots.

thanks for checking out my post!

Tracey

/ message sig

Reactions: jirodriguez
OK, Now those are gonna rock! Chile, Cheese, and Pork.........Yes they will rock.
b5575d9c_feedme.gif

Hey thanks everyone - they were good.

Here's the finished product - I liked it!!

Thanks for checking out my post. / message sig

Looks GREAT Tracey,

You got me slobbering again.

You better stick to smoking meat though, if you close up a wound with toothpicks, you're not operating on me!

Thanks for the GREAT View,

Bear

Looks GREAT Tracey,

You got me slobbering again.

You better stick to smoking meat though, if you close up a wound with toothpicks, you're not operating on me!

Thanks for the GREAT View,

Bear
icon_cool.gif
... I can always count on you, BEAR!!  lol..

Yeah, I noticed that too!  I was just trying to get those bad boys pinned together... I'll do better next time.

I'm much better with a piece of string and a needle...

Thanks for checking out my post.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky