Roast Beef, pic heavy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My mouth is watering... Looks great!!!

JC :emoji_cat:
Thank you!
Man thst sandwich is something I’d love to devour!! Beef looks perfect. Often wider pic shots will flip on the phone. On my iPhone if you open the pic, click edit you can rotate and crop pics there. Here it is flipped and edited a bit WaterRat WaterRat View attachment 656527
Thanks, turned out great. Yeah pic in phone was was rotated but not on PC, guess some info told the forum to rotate it… 🤔
WR, Wow! Nice smoke, all your pics look good but the last one got me drooling !
Thanks! Be sure to practice keyboard drool safety!

Man that looks good. I can almost taste it thru my computer screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Just finished lunch and ran across this post......Makes my mouth water like crazy. Love me a good roast beef sammich. And that fits the bill perfectly.

Jim

There is nothing like making your own smoked/injected roast beef, and yours looks spot on. The incredible part is that it's WAY cheaper than store bought deli RB. Boar's Head RB is around $15 lb around here, and I can make my own for a 1/3 of that price. Great job, and your plate looks fantastic!

WOW! Sign me up for 3 helpings! Great cook!

Thats looks like a very tasty beef dip samich! Very nice work!

Man that looks good. I can almost taste it thru my computer screen.

Point for sure
Chris

Just finished lunch and ran across this post......Makes my mouth water like crazy. Love me a good roast beef sammich. And that fits the bill perfectly.

Jim

That's some good looking roast beef.

late getting to see this, but man does that look good!!!
Thanks everyone!

There is nothing like making your own smoked/injected roast beef, and yours looks spot on. The incredible part is that it's WAY cheaper than store bought deli RB. Boar's Head RB is around $15 lb around here, and I can make my own for a 1/3 of that price. Great job, and your plate looks fantastic!
Thank you! Gotta admit the $$$ factor was a consideration. $16/lb for RB around here and I brown bag it be it leftovers or a sammie. Bought the whole whole roast for $20 and it was an easy cook.

And it turned out great 😎

Reactions: TNJAKE
All these roast beef posts has me giving it a try today. I do have 1 question, do you slice with or against the grain?

All these roast beef posts has me giving it a try today. I do have 1 question, do you slice with or against the grain?
I went - I believe and was my intention - against. If you look at the raw roast pic, I put that face right to the slicer. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of intentionally cutting with the grain on any cook of any cut. Hope it works out!

I stared at those pictures way too long. If there’s a French dip on the menu I’ll instantly order it. If there’s a French dip and a Reuben I beg my wife to order one and we split it.

I went - I believe and was my intention - against. If you look at the raw roast pic, I put that face right to the slicer. I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of intentionally cutting with the grain on any cook of any cut. Hope it works out!
Thanks. That’s what I figured, have had store bought sliced with the grain.

Turned out great, definitely a new item on the menu. Thanks SMF friends for displaying your great cooks and ideas.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky