roast beef like you get in the deli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I'll be Damned!
Yup . I'm just putting it out there that there are different styles . I agree with a small amount of cure or a short cure time then pressure cooked or something . The OP's comment about " missing the point " made me think he was looking for that type of " Deli " roast beef .
In my opinion Deli or Deli style implies to how it's sliced .
The ingredient list for some of this reads like a chub of summer sausage .
chef jimmyj chef jimmyj Here's an example you may find interesting . This is an eye round that was seasoned with Canadian steak seasoning , vac'd and put in the freezer .
After 6 months or more , I thawed it and smoked to 120 IT .
To my surprise it was some sort of " cured " . Something in the seasoning had that effect on it .
1635089740840.jpeg
Another example smoked to the same 120 IT .
1635089807081.jpeg
No cure 1 was used in either one .

sorry for the confusion , to me the term " deli " means how it tastes . didn't realize other people think thin sliced meant "deli" to them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky