roast beef like you get in the deli

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well I'll be Damned!
Yup . I'm just putting it out there that there are different styles . I agree with a small amount of cure or a short cure time then pressure cooked or something . The OP's comment about " missing the point " made me think he was looking for that type of " Deli " roast beef .
In my opinion Deli or Deli style implies to how it's sliced .
The ingredient list for some of this reads like a chub of summer sausage .
chef jimmyj chef jimmyj Here's an example you may find interesting . This is an eye round that was seasoned with Canadian steak seasoning , vac'd and put in the freezer .
After 6 months or more , I thawed it and smoked to 120 IT .
To my surprise it was some sort of " cured " . Something in the seasoning had that effect on it .
1635089740840.jpeg
Another example smoked to the same 120 IT .
1635089807081.jpeg
No cure 1 was used in either one .

sorry for the confusion , to me the term " deli " means how it tastes . didn't realize other people think thin sliced meant "deli" to them

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky