Rider DLX 1200 Fix

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Randy1

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 18, 2023
Gen 2 Rider DLX 1200 The well reported built in error in the controller between setting and Act temperature is not fixable. It can be however, be minimized.
I installed a taller chamber temperature Probe. It is about 3" taller than the original probe which puts the RTD's tip at about the middle rack position.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Howdy Randy, welcome to the forum from New Mexico.
Nice work around. 👍
Thank you for the welcome. I threw on a chuck roast for a test. Set the controller to 200F. Used no water pan or any other heat blocker. I put it on the wire rack on the middle rack postion. The chuck roast was over the middle grate where the fire box is on the Rider. Smoked it five hours unwrapped then an hour wrapped.. It was perfect

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky