ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I suggest buying Jeff's rub and sauce recipe. The proceeds help fund this site,and the rub is tasty,I haven't made the sauce yet but I'm sure it's tasty! Then you can always add to or subtract ingredients to suit personal taste if needed.

x2 on Jeff's rub and sauce. I use them both. The basis of both allows you to add or deduct certain ingredients to regulate the heat and sweet to your personal taste. Also, Jeff's sauce with a 1/2 part apple juice and a 1/2 part of honey makes an excellent braising sauce.

Good luck and let us know how you made out, Joe

There's no shipping involved. You purchase the recipes here and receive them by email. You make the rub and sauce at home. As b-one said, the proceeds are used to maintain this site. Give them a try, Joe

I'm not exactly sure who Jeff is, and I don't mean to step on any toes here if Jeff is associated with this site.

However I am a fan of open sharing info and recipes because that's how I develop my recipes and methods.

Here is a rub I have been using for years:

From the Taste of Home Cookbook grilling section recipe for BBQ spare ribs. I added the onion powder and white pepper to this and sometimes add ground coriander to taste depending on what I am cooking.

I also switch out the red pepper flakes for cayenne pepper if I want to use it in an injection. Pepper flakes clog the injector.

BBQ Rub:

2-tbl Brown Sugar

2-tbl Paprika

2-tbl Coarse black pepper

1-tbl Chili Powder

1-1/2 tsp kosher or coarse sea salt

1-1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes

1-tsp Granulated garlic powder

1-tsp Onion powder

¼- tsp white pepper

I have no idea how this compares to Jeff's and any possible similarity is pure coincidence. I stated my source above.

Last edited:
Jeff is the one who started this site and works very hard to keep it going for people like us to use and learn from. Everyone here has helped me a lot and I don't mind spinding a few dollars to help keep it going thank you Jeff

Jeff is the one who started this site and works very hard to keep it going for people like us to use and learn from. Everyone here has helped me a lot and I don't mind spinding a few dollars to help keep it going thank you Jeff
Thanks Hank, like I said I don't want to step on anyone's toes here. At least I know who Jeff is now. I'm a newbie here so forgive my ignorance.

So, is recipe sharing discouraged here? I have no problem with Jeff charging for anything, if you can sell it, sell it; I'm all for capitalism. But I share anything I can to help folks especially in a forum like this that is so helpful to me.

I didn't pay close attention when I posted and just saw Jeff mentioned. I didn't realize the two mentioned about funding the site. So I guess I get now why they were sort of tight lipped and didn't simply help the person with a rub recipe.

I was getting ready to post a lengthy smoke post with pics and recipes for this and my Creole seasoning, is doing that a no-no here?

Thanks again,

Ken

No u can share anything u want as long as it's clean and not jeff's rub or bbq sauce we don't share it because he does use the proceeds to keep this site free for all. Please share I might want to use some u post. And welcome to SMF.

Reactions: chef k-dude
Welcome from SC, K-Dude. This is a great site and there lots of folks who are always ready to share their ideas, tips and recipes. All you have to do is ask and keep reading. Sharing is a wonderful way to make friends, especially pics. We will always appreciate pics.

Don't think that you have stepped on anyones toes. The folks here are some of the toughest-skinned people that you will ever meet. Jeff's recipes are not shared and you have already discovered why. Personally, I think it's a great way to fund the site and to maintain the site.

Good luck and keep smokin', we're glad that you're here, Joe

Reactions: chef k-dude
Thanks Hank and Joe. I wanted to clear that up quickly. I have been on and left food sites where people are really prickly about simple stuff. The folks here seem great and I don't want to screw that up for myself!

Thanks for the welcome!

I do a lot more than smoking, so I'll have to look in the far corners of the site to share other cooking that may be applicable.

Ken

I apologize for not knowing who Jeff is. I checked my PMs for something else and found his introductory message to me when I joined the site. I guess it didn't sink in at the time.

This grasshopper has a lot to learn on this site...including who is who. It will take some time...I'm a newbie here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky