"ribs" two ways, side by side

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 1, 2014
Columbus Ohio
Today I got a piece of pork loin marked "country ribs" and this time it wasn't cut into pieces. The pack had two pieces, each scored like you might score the crust of a loaf of bread, not cut all the way through. One piece got a mix of bbq sauces and the other went much more Asian, with soy and hoisin sauce plus ginger.

This time, the offset runs as a direct with a mix of wood and charcoal like my early Weber days. Oak and maple splits for kindling, on a bed of lump

We begin, on trays I formed from heavy-duty foil. The darker one is the bbq version.

Colors are looking promising, the bbq one darkened a lot more because of the sugar, compared to the Asian one. But the texture is way too tough.

Back to the grill. The trays have become tents.

More time, some nice pecan chunk, great aroma. Made my maple taste harsh and under-aged by comparison. Trying to go mostly indirect within the smoking chamber to avoid scorching the drippings (exhaust is on the left)

Sliced. Still firm and nowhere near a pulling texture but they will be good as snacks, in soups, sandwiches, etc.

Reactions: ab canuck
:drool:

I would love a little snack of that right about now. Sitting here smoking a butt wishing I had cut a slice for a snack. Stupid stupid stupid......

drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky