• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ribs done like a brisket. (Jeremy Yoder Style)

Chasdev

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jan 18, 2020
I tried to watch it as I too am interested in the idea but I can't take the product placement stuff.
I know, it's unreasonable but I just won't watch another commercial as long as I live, IF I can avoid it.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Just when I swore off of wrapping lol. Gonna have to try it on this and it’s already on my brisket experiment list. Thanks for sharing.

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
With all that melted lard.... I'd love to see what the leftover ribs looked like after a night in the fridge. :emoji_laughing:

That said, I took a competition cooking class about 10 years ago and the Pitmaster cooked various racks of spares to demonstrate flavor.... all were typical competition ribs except the last set which was seasoned with only garlic salt and black pepper and basted with warm lard. They were some of the best ribs I've had.
7IsLL.jpg
Now, if anyone is going to invest in a $2 brick of Snow Cap and do the lard rib wrap experiment like the video...., save a little for basting on chicken. I put it in tin foil cups to keep it warm, and it does wonders for the skin.
lXcn4kL.jpg

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.