Ribs done like a brisket. (Jeremy Yoder Style)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I tried to watch it as I too am interested in the idea but I can't take the product placement stuff.
I know, it's unreasonable but I just won't watch another commercial as long as I live, IF I can avoid it.

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
Just when I swore off of wrapping lol. Gonna have to try it on this and it’s already on my brisket experiment list. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: kilo charlie
With all that melted lard.... I'd love to see what the leftover ribs looked like after a night in the fridge. :emoji_laughing:

That said, I took a competition cooking class about 10 years ago and the Pitmaster cooked various racks of spares to demonstrate flavor.... all were typical competition ribs except the last set which was seasoned with only garlic salt and black pepper and basted with warm lard. They were some of the best ribs I've had.
7IsLL.jpg
Now, if anyone is going to invest in a $2 brick of Snow Cap and do the lard rib wrap experiment like the video...., save a little for basting on chicken. I put it in tin foil cups to keep it warm, and it does wonders for the skin.
lXcn4kL.jpg

Reactions: kilo charlie
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky