• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ribs, Beans and Potato Salad - what a combo!

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Taking a break from work is good for one's sanity.
The food is looking good, should be a good feed.

Really like your smoker, would love to see more detailed pics of it.
Did you build it?

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Thats gonna be good . Me too , love that set up .

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
Hi Chilerelleno - Yes, I did build my smoker. I built the masonry part of it about 25 years ago. Where the wood is now, at that time I just made a couple boards to enclose the cook-box. Of course, those worked (kinda) and remained for 20 years. Then a few years ago I upgraded the cook-box with the wooden structures you see in the pictures. I also upgraded the fire-box door. Happy to share a few pictures if you are interested.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Thanks, very much like to see some pics.
Nice looking smoker.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Wow, the heck with the Q!
That is one fantastic looking smoker!
Did you build it?
That smoker definitely belongs on the carousel!
Congrats!!
Al

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Tasty looking meal you got there, and a beauty of a pit.

Point for sure.

chris

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 2, 2017
That is a good food combo....another of my kind of meal....though tell you the truth there has been a lot of post this site that were my kind of meal...lol..guess you can tell I do like food...but it is not only the main dish, but the combos of sides that really put the pow in some of the post...this is one.
kit

ab canuck

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 20, 2016
Great looking dinner and That Is a Beautiful smoker!!! Great job on both. Like..

kit s

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Sep 2, 2017
The smoker ....oh man ....looks fantastic...can you show a few pictures of inside smoke chamber and fire box. What did you do for flue from fire box to smoker?

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
Okay, here come the pics! Pics show construction details. I'm happy to answer any specific questions. That last two show my little wood pre-burn tank - for firing up wood to put into the firebox in the middle of a cook - so that you don't get that thick white nasty smoke - works quite well!

Attachments

pianov

Meat Mopper
Joined Sep 26, 2013
The smoker ....oh man ....looks fantastic...can you show a few pictures of inside smoke chamber and fire box. What did you do for flue from fire box to smoker?
You can see it in the picture with the firebox door open. It's just a fire-brick lined opening in the masonry maybe about 6"x6" and probably eight or ten inches long. It open low in the cook chamber under a bunch of 1/4" thick tuning plates for distributing the heat/smoke evenly in the cooking chamber. Seems to work well.

KrisUpInSmoke

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jun 1, 2018
You've got lots of skill and talent, from building the smoker to smoking the food! Really cool!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.