Ribeye & Fettuccini Alfredo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
After all the hubbub of football Niner weekend and pizza it was time to get down to a serious dinner. I had some semolina pasta dough that I had vac-sealed after making a ton of crab ravioli earlier in the week. I ran it thru the roller attachment on the stand mixer and then thru the fettuccini attachment. I pulled a 45 day aged ribeye from the freezer and sous vide it for five hours at 129º, that's the perfect temp for me and I've never had a problem. Charred the ribeye with my torch right after I'd assemble a little creamed spinach with butter and sour cream, fresh grated parmesan on the pasta, nice glass of cabernet. Dinner was good, maybe $50-$60 at a fancy restaurant, less then ten bucks at home! Thanks for looking. RAY
DSCN1348.JPG

That looks dang good! Only problem I can see is I would be stuffed after only one plate. Plates like that look so much better when it's cold outside...currently 3 degrees F, so good warm ya up food.

Big like
Go niners!
Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Ray That is another one you hit out of the park. Fantastic meal!! I use my extra Pasta Dough to make the Fettuccini also,KA is good to have. Likes
Richie

Thank you all for the comments and likes, they are truly appreciated. As far as aging beef goes, I'm done with that. I don't notice enough of a difference in flavor to make the entire ordeal worthwhile. There's the cost of the UMAi bags, taking up fridge space for 45 days, and having to trim away what would have been good meat after it's aged, and that's if everything goes right. I lucked out and never had a problem with the three boneless rib roasts I aged in the fridge, but on the UMAi forum I read of more than one guy who had to toss a expensive cut of meat. The main reason is that I just don't see much, or any, difference in flavor. RAY

Reactions: noboundaries
Thank you all for the comments and likes, they are truly appreciated. As far as aging beef goes, I'm done with that. I don't notice enough of a difference in flavor to make the entire ordeal worthwhile. There's the cost of the UMAi bags, taking up fridge space for 45 days, and having to trim away what would have been good meat after it's aged, and that's if everything goes right. I lucked out and never had a problem with the three boneless rib roasts I aged in the fridge, but on the UMAi forum I read of more than one guy who had to toss a expensive cut of meat. The main reason is that I just don't see much, or any, difference in flavor. RAY
Now THAT is some absolutely valuable information!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky