Rib rubs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Zacknes96

Original poster
May 21, 2019
Should I use different rubs for baby back vs spare ribs? I feel babybacks are meant to be a little sweeter as spare ribs are more just salt and peppers.
Thanks

Should I use different rubs for baby back vs spare ribs? I feel babybacks are meant to be a little sweeter as spare ribs are more just salt and peppers.
Thanks

You really don't need to use a different rub. I use the same homemade rub on ribs, pork butts, and chicken.
If you sauce during the last hour, you could always adjust the sweetness of the sauce.

i'm with secondhand, I do have a couple different rubs I like that I use, it doesn't matter the meat to me it's more of which one i'm in the mood for. and of course I will try new recipes once in a while to see how they are.

Reactions: negolien
Same from me, I have a standard rub that I use for everything. Not saying I don't experiment with other types of rubs occasionally, but for the most part I'm really happy with what I use. And it gives me the flavors I want on every type of meat.

I rotate between a few rubs. Got the "fab five" from Meat Church for Christmas and have been using a ton of the honey hog hot on ribs. It's really good stuff!

I worked out a rub I like a couple of years ago and use it on everything Porky. Just salt & pepper on Beef and Chicken with an assortment of sauces on Chicken after it's done...

I have used several rubs but depending on how fast you use them up, the store bought ones always seemed to get petrified into a brick that was impossible to get loose from the bottle.

bbbr.JPG

Several months ago I was running out and found one I wanted to try on Amazon. I LOVE how it works and it still has not stuck together at all; it pours as easy as the day I opened it and we use it on chicken and on pork. I lean towards a Stubbs product for my brisket

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky